• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi teases new off-road buggy

53HRA

There is definitely a gap in the market for ANYTHING new at present... Its a very stagnant time right now!  Same old same old knocking around!  That's why I've ordered the Kraken, at least it's new! ;) 

Got enough smaller electric rigs so this won't be on my shopping list! 

5 hours ago, supersavage said:

It's a scaled down 8ight, similar layout just slightly smaller.

If I put my 2.0s and my SCTE 2.0 (which is a 3.0 chassis) next too each other they are the same size. Some of the fittings are even in the same place. The real difference apart from the layout is the thickness of the plastics, 12mm hexes, thinner shafts, generally smaller screw sizes, smaller diameter shocks and the front and rear diff cases.  I actually have a 2.0 buggy body as a dirt cover inside the SCTE body. The only trimming needed was for the nerf bars. The top brace even has the fitting so you can add in a post for a body clip. 

I hope that this new car is 4.0 based and they do an SCTE 3.0 but this time share the same drive lines so parts are interchangeable between 4.0 based platforms. I think Durango did this with their latest range.

9 hours ago, mond said:

If I put my 2.0s and my SCTE 2.0 (which is a 3.0 chassis) next too each other they are the same size. Some of the fittings are even in the same place. The real difference apart from the layout is the thickness of the plastics, 12mm hexes, thinner shafts, generally smaller screw sizes, smaller diameter shocks and the front and rear diff cases.  I actually have a 2.0 buggy body as a dirt cover inside the SCTE body. The only trimming needed was for the nerf bars. The top brace even has the fitting so you can add in a post for a body clip. 

I hope that this new car is 4.0 based and they do an SCTE 3.0 but this time share the same drive lines so parts are interchangeable between 4.0 based platforms. I think Durango did this with their latest range.

This makes it sound a bit more interesting :) 

Do they share the same ground clearance ? 

Perhaps ive brushed this to the side a little to quick the scte was a good basher, well so I read and some say better than the slash.. If that's the case this might prove to be a great little beast to blast around .