• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

1 hour ago, RobFandango said:

Sorry to ask so many silly questions but QRC could you enlighten me please? I need some more 4S lips really and I just wondered if you could clarify in a bit more detail why the nanotech were worth double the standard turnigy?

or do I just stick with the Gens Ace? although they are £75 a go.

@RobFandango

The ones I use are possibly what would be called ‘mid range’, has more success with this std of lipo. 

My Xmaxx has arrived and I’m dying to get it outside. Raining hard outside though and has been all day.

i only have my 2 3S batteries at the moment, is there anything I need to do before running it? Also there are some foam bits and what look like bumpers and another gear in the bag, any advice on what to do with them?

The foam bits are for the battery trays so you can stop them from moving around too much during use. You may also see some long pieces of plastic which clip onto the battery pack retainers in case you're running low profile, low mah packs. 

I'd just make sure everything's tightened up nicely then go give her a blast! Mine ran sweet on 6s but it was the V1.

Enjoy!

1 hour ago, RobFandango said:

My Xmaxx has arrived and I’m dying to get it outside. Raining hard outside though and has been all day.

i only have my 2 3S batteries at the moment, is there anything I need to do before running it? Also there are some foam bits and what look like bumpers and another gear in the bag, any advice on what to do with them?

Mid to high range cells will suffer less volt-drop, this is far better for the ESC and its power-caps. However, I have noticed that higher C rated cells tend to have shorter lifespans. 

Crack on! 

I've had no problems with the lower C stuff to date, I think a lot comes down to how you drive, We also need to take into consideration that Lipo quality has got better over the years and your lower C stuff is much more efficient than it once was.

If I was on a budget I would rather go out with 4 packs in my pocket than 2 packs with a technical advantage I probably won't feel because I have nothing to judge it against.

Look at it this way,  My 50" plasma still has a great picture, As long as I don't set it up to next to 50" OLED set.

11 hours ago, Tug said:

Don't get me wrong, I've run loads of 20C packs over the years and they've been fine for bashing, but it is proven that volt-sag kills ESCs. 

That may well be true, But they cost an extra 30 quid, Which is only a tenner shy of a new SC8 speed controllor, Probably worth the risk considering all the other things that will probably kill your ESC before Voltage Sag ever gets a look in.

Hi all. Not been on here for a bit... was checking out the udr thread but ended up here as usual. Here’s a vid from me. Taken last week in the wet. Weather been so poor I’ve not been running much...

The xmaxx though i thought could take it. Will need to do a bearing strip out now due to all the muddy water. Great fun and although I was considering selling it for a new rc...( udr/ erevo2/losi sbr/ rovan shortie baja)  using the big x definitely sways me towards keeping it! It’s so much fun to use!!

I’ve been using mine a lot, started the strip down for cleaning.

body shell is smashed to bits and o haven’t even gone that mad. You really would have thought with a bashing truck like this they would have supplied a much stronger shell....

Photo%2006-04-2018,%2017%2006%2029.jpg?d

Photo%2006-04-2018,%2017%2011%2022.jpg?d

24 minutes ago, RobFandango said:

I’ve been using mine a lot, started the strip down for cleaning.

body shell is smashed to bits and o haven’t even gone that mad. You really would have thought with a bashing truck like this they would have supplied a much stronger shell....

Photo%2006-04-2018,%2017%2006%2029.jpg?d

Photo%2006-04-2018,%2017%2011%2022.jpg?d

Get yourself one of these,

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F152840871699

11 hours ago, RobFandango said:

I saw them but they look so bad! Anyone wrapped or painted one?

They are made to take a good beating, painting or wrap would be a waste of time, chuck an assortment of decals on and off you go.....

How an X Maxx should look....

Wish i had it from the start, if i got one now it would look too undamaged now i hardly ever crash it on its roof. My car has a easy life of just being chased by my dog. How well you think it would take to being bitten by a staffie ?

Mission accomplished, how an X Maxx shell should look.....

X Maxx shell....

Might have something to do with my lack of control while jumping,  :whistling:,

Edited by QRC

Hi. So I’ve shredded three spur gears one after the other. I’ve checked and retested everything I can, motor fixings are correct etc. Found that the motor centre drive pin appears to move. I think this might be caused uneven rotation of the pin and the vibration shattering the Spurs. Anyone else had this. ? I’m thinking new motor. [emoji17]3daa4547319c0ca3dd92a8886f5a15f8.jpgIMG_4683.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Was out yesterday for a decent bash with the x,some huge jumps and it just takes it like a champ,I did however break the stock front and rear bumpers,but near the end of the bash it started making a sound as if the differential pinion isn’t getting a good mesh with the center shaft,? Has anybody else had this issue,? I’m going to strip it down today to see what’s going on,,ohhh this is the first time I will have taken it apart in nearly the whole year of me owning this truck lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem located,,it was as thought in the front diff 157351983f1445d76d32fe26b50cd363.jpge494c2210ebe6a79f2c35b941225efda.jpg as you can see the one I’m looking at is 8s rated and my x I only use on 6s,,so I will also need the diff pinion as the ones I currently use are spiral ,8s are straight,my question being will it go straight in and are the ones in it currently the v1 butter diffs,?if so I may aswell upgrade the rear too as they will most likely go at some point,my plan is to use 8s diffs and only use it on 6s so it will last longer,?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk