• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

Talking of lipos I just got an email with these on 

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-lihv-5000mah-4s-15-2v-35c-hardcase-pack.html?utm_campaign=CR170310.UK&utm_content=91854835&utm_medium=email&utm_source=EDM

£30 for a 4s 5000mah 35c hard case seems cheap to me ? 

I saw them on Hemistorms FB page and I can't help but think they look kinda narrow ? I wonder if there true beadlocks ? 

Tried looking on the proline website but cant find any info on them yet so other than a pic we are still in the dark to price and specs ;) 

53 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Talking of lipos I just got an email with these on 

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-lihv-5000mah-4s-15-2v-35c-hardcase-pack.html?utm_campaign=CR170310.UK&utm_content=91854835&utm_medium=email&utm_source=EDM

£30 for a 4s 5000mah 35c hard case seems cheap to me ? 

Theyre LiHV whatever that means?

Edited by Guns

You can charge the LiHV's to 4.35v per cell, as opposed to the usual 4.2v. According to hobbyking you need a "special" high voltage charger to get the benefit out of the LiHV's. They can be charged using a standard charger but you'll only get the cells up to 4.2, so not making the most of their potential.

Bleedin el... xmaxx bits don't hang about long do they!? Listed that wheelie bar last night for £33... gone already! That was my last part..... maybe I should light a candle or something....:mellow:

27 minutes ago, JoePGM said:

I see some posts around people replacing the stock VXL-8s ESC to a HobbyWing EZRUN Max6, what's the reason? Stock ESC reliability issue??

If not, become a member of the Traxxas forum as well.

The VXL-6 had and still has serious issues - not clear what other than possibly poor and inconsistent manufacture - many seem OK, but quite a few spontaneously combusted!!

There was an update, which included a 'fused wire' which was supposed to safeguard against this, plus a software update, suspected as being a decrease in available 'punch'.

Problems persisted, but were fewer.

The VXL-8 does not have 'ignition issues', but has been known to simply stop working.

Basically the Traxxas ESC's don't seem to have the QC required for a reliable product, hence many are using aftermarket ESC's.

Max5, Max6 are favourites from Hobbywing.

XL2 / XLX is an option from Castle.

Al.

2 hours ago, JoePGM said:

I see some posts around people replacing the stock VXL-8s ESC to a HobbyWing EZRUN Max6, what's the reason? Stock ESC reliability issue??

The original 6s esc was apparantly unreliable, and you got a huge performance increase installing a Max 6, it felt the stock esc was limiting the power. The new 8s is apparantly much better but there are a few recorded problems. As a result I decided to go with a Max 6 in my V2 just for a confidence point of view tbh.