• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

18 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

Yea you need to drill a hole in each arm to install the sway bars i havent broken an arm yet since fitting them, i do have some pics on my xmaxx thread i am sure

Okay taa. 

Just wanted to make sure it wasnt a new design for V3 xmaxx's. ill do it over the weekend.  

Attach the arb to the truck in the centre and then just see where the drop links sit to drill your holes, just keep in mind placement so they dont rub on the drive shafts, i opted to drill the holes with the biggest space behind as i used nuts and bolts, you will see what i mean when you get at it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfie1 said:

Attach the arb to the truck in the centre and then just see where the drop links sit to drill your holes, just keep in mind placement so they dont rub on the drive shafts, i opted to drill the holes with the biggest space behind as i used nuts and bolts, you will see what i mean when you get at it

Thanks for the tips, ill bear this in mind, i will also be using nuts. Got a load of them so may as well put them to use. Ill have another look at yours to see exactly what you mean though 

Edited by xxCarlxx

Hi,

After some advice with a couple of issues with my X- Maxx

There is  a binding noise which seems to be coming from the servo saver but the truck  is still steering ok.

Also every time I’m on full throttle there is a loud bang, does not happen in reverse and truck runs ok apart from this. 

TIA

On 03/02/2024 at 14:32, Kpowell911 said:

Yea I just dont get why theyre popular when theres an off the shelf proper wide kit that does the same thing properly but hey

I use GPM extenders, because they are made from steel, not aluminum - thus after more than a year they have no wear on them. Traxxas original aluminum ones tend to wear down rather fast to a point where i ether loose a pin or have to file them to replace the bearings.  

• Like 1

is the Spektrum Firma 1250Kv Brushless Motor a good replacement for the stock motor when/if it stops working?

Id want something similar in performance or a bit better, im not interested in the big motor, cant go full throttle nonsense

13 hours ago, xxCarlxx said:

is the Spektrum Firma 1250Kv Brushless Motor a good replacement for the stock motor when/if it stops working?

Id want something similar in performance or a bit better, im not interested in the big motor, cant go full throttle nonsense

It would be no different performance wise, cost a lot, and need a new motor mount? I dont see the point in it. The Stock motor IMO is perfect. I broke my stock motor (my fault) and realised theres no better upgrade in the real world

Edited by Kpowell911

3 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

It would be no different performance wise, cost a lot, and need a new motor mount? I dont see the point in it. The Stock motor IMO is perfect. I broke my stock motor (my fault) and realised theres no better upgrade in the real world

Spektrum Firma 1250Kv  £135

Motor mount £(No idea)

Traxxas Velineon 1200XL Brushless Motor £241

In light of the above would you still pass on the Spektrum (if the standard broke)

1 minute ago, xxCarlxx said:

Spektrum Firma 1250Kv  £135

Motor mount £(No idea)

Traxxas Velineon 1200XL Brushless Motor £241

In light of the above would you still pass on the Spektrum (if the standard broke)

I bought my Traxxas  motor from Jenny’s RC for much cheaper

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/12/2016 at 11:34, mydoddy69 said:

I run my max6 at 7.4v with the stock rx and stock servo not had any problems so far with it .. Manual states 4,8v -6.0v though for the 6533 so if you do run at 7.4v its at your own risk !

Hi, old post, but maybe you can share your insights - did traxxas receiver survived the 7.4V? I got a mean servo, good for up to 8.2V, but looking for info if traxxas receiver can survive it.  

34 minutes ago, Tadas said:

Hi, old post, but maybe you can share your insights - did traxxas receiver survived the 7.4V? I got a mean servo, good for up to 8.2V, but looking for info if traxxas receiver can survive it.  

I'm not saying do it, because its not rated for it. But after 5 XMaxx's and an XRT, running on 7.4v, Ive never burnt out a Traxxas receiver.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tadas said:

It’s on you if you do I did it for a while and was fine but others reported issues down the line. In the end I opted for the upgraded Traxxas servo and upgraded servo spring was more than enough for blasting around the place it’s not like I was ever going to take it racing 😂👍

• Like 1