• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

Forums spazzing out again... :(

call me cynical but what was run 1 like? And what motor is he running as it's def not the stocker but something big. 

Is the cd categorically not helping the drive train then? 

Too early to say in my book. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocdcbr said:

call me cynical but what was run 1 like? And what motor is he running as it's def not the stocker but something big. 

I was thinking the same, he's running a big ass motor and a hobby wing esc so are traxxas to blame?

in the 1:1 world if you put a v8 in your new fiesta I don't think your 3 yr warranty would mean much!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ocdcbr said:

This, cant judge anything if he isn't using the stock motor/esc really. Its not looking good however for people with a Max 5/6 running 8s. Need to pull mine apart and see what mine look like!

6 hours ago, Ocdcbr said:

Call me cynical but wasn't the new upgrade kit meant to fix these issues and allow you to run 8s ? 

Weak diifs

flawed esc

weak outdrives 

The ace up the kits sleeve was that centre diff so if it's not fixing the issues what's the point ? 

The gears okay lets call that a fluke or rcwerkz not running a stock motor but what about the outdrive cups breaking these are new upgraded cups running on stock motor esc and what about the reports of the esc going into some wired shutdown mode ? 

Sounds very much to me like history repeating itself all over again ! 

Time will tell but id say it's not looking Rosie right now IMO 

7 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Call me cynical but wasn't the new upgrade kit meant to fix these issues and allow you to run 8s ? 

Weak diifs

flawed esc

weak outdrives 

The ace up the kits sleeve was that centre diff so if it's not fixing the issues what's the point ? 

The gears okay lets call that a fluke or rcwerkz not running a stock motor but what about the outdrive cups breaking these are new upgraded cups running on stock motor esc and what about the reports of the esc going into some wired shutdown mode ? 

Sounds very much to me like history repeating itself all over again ! 

Time will tell but id say it's not looking Rosie right now IMO 

I have only seen the two issues so far, are their more breakages out their that you know of... their will be occasional manufacturing flaws, I'm not ready to jump on the Traxxas screwed us again wagon till it is an obvious and know issue with these newer supposedly better drive train parts.

I do agree that we need to see how 'known people' are getting on with the upgrade-fitted X-Maxxes.

There are quite a few 'testers' who deliberately rag the snot out of them, landing them nose first onto concrete from 20 metres' height, etc., then start bleating ...

Al.

http://www.vantbattery.com/admin/pic_display.asp?code=product2&keyno=1410

does anyone know where to get these from They fit straight in and the reviews I've read are good 

made in China 

only seem to be in US.

I wanted some more floureon 8000s but can't get em anywhere know and their websites not showing them no more, typical I liked them and two for 50 sheets is great value.

Edited by Ripoffbritain

4 hours ago, Ripoffbritain said:

Can't get pictures to work at moment

yeah i did see the zippys but wanted more capacity 

ive emailed vant but it's the Chinese New Year till the 4th Feb so will have to wait,

Vant lips is 9000mah 11.1v 3s 60c burst 120c continues Traxxas connection. 

Fits straight in

Vant lipos aren't cheap like Floureons 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222344985993

oh and if you want 4s to make a 8s 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222344986541

I bet Traxxas got their oar in over the Floureons. (lack of sales with their official Traxxas 25C!! ones)

They did it over the Zippy 8400 ones a while back. I bet if those were still around you'd love em'. They were nice :rolleyes:.

9 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

I bet Traxxas got their oar in over the Floureons. (lack of sales with their official Traxxas 25C!! ones)

They did it over the Zippy 8400 ones a while back. I bet if those were still around you'd love em'. They were nice :rolleyes:.

I have a couple of the 8400 nanos there not bad for the money

12 hours ago, Guns said:

Well Trump does EXACTLY what he says he is going to, which is amazing IMO. Traxxas don't seem too.... so poor comparison?

Both have complete disregard for their people :lol:

Edited by Deafty

Lol driveshafts are bigger my arse !  Not unless Traxxas turned us over on the kit ? 

Improved esc ? Tell that to all the guys that have been having it shut down on them ! 

Nice to finally see one but the one thing he  didn't make a fuss of was the rear shell cover and that's the one thing I wanted to see up close .. 

So no mention of improved tyre compound ? In fact no mention of anything different from the kit unless I missed it ?