• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

Well my X maxx is poorly again ran into a puddle in the grass thinking this is cool and it just stops... All fans off as if i have pulled a battery, Disconnected the bats and cleaned it off, left it for two days  plugged it all back in and the motors stutters barley spinning the wheels, the steering still works, the VXL8 was flashing red fast so unplugged it again and emailed wheelspin models see what the returns is like for the ESC... what you guys reckon a castle 2028 motor and new Esc not sure what to get Max5? Also how does the import tax work been looking at Kersaw designs.

Cheers

Edited by Dinga
Reasons

Import Tax is very simple it's 20% of value + 'handling charge'.

If your parcel is from a registered company / shop then you pay tax if the value is greater than £15.

If it is from a private individual I think it is if it is >£35.

Some companies / shops assist in making these charges 'more bearable', shall I say ..... :rolleyes:

The handling charge is said to cover costs for customs formalities - varies from £8 upwards.

Sometimes the value is taken as the invoice charge EXCLUSIVE of P&P - sometimes INCLUSIVE!

Good luck!

Al.

Yeah I brought it the day Wheelspin got it in Stock, from the store.  I had a major crash and it just made sense to buy at the time as I damaged the rear bulkhead. I knew about the issues of the 6s and 8s ESCs but I was planning to upgrade the thing sooner or later....Just didn't think it would be so soon Haha, cheers for the replys. 

Lol sound like Traxxas just can't get this X- Maxx quite right, the new esc is proving to be temperamental the cups are breaking and lastly the new ring gears are no better 

978F6E19-7723-44B4-94A7-8615EA3FCF92_zps

3EE2F996-5D13-4C4A-9D17-17B5458F3B2F_zps

Looking like the new v2 coming has inherited the issues from the v1 so what has actually been improved ?? 

3 minutes ago, Guns said:

Soooo where can we get upgraded diff gears lol. GPM still the way forward?

Not if you want to run the centre diff. I'd hang tight for a while if you can as Traxxas have some new HD coming apperantly ? 

Edited by mydoddy69

What's the point of making a song and dance about upgrading this, that and the other, saying it's 8S compatible only for people to blow cups and gears again, THEN say there's HD stuff on the way?

If it's as much an increase in durability and longevity as the black-painted helical gears were, then .... lucky us!!

Al.

11 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Lol sound like Traxxas just can't get this X- Maxx quite right, the new esc is proving to be temperamental the cups are breaking and lastly the new ring gears are no better 

978F6E19-7723-44B4-94A7-8615EA3FCF92_zps

3EE2F996-5D13-4C4A-9D17-17B5458F3B2F_zps

Looking like the new v2 coming has inherited the issues from the v1 so what has actually been improved ?? 

Dod do you thinK Traxxas made some changes on the V1?  Do your new V1 tires feel diff than you old ones?  Can you still install shims in the diff?  I find it weird, that I have had none of the problems others have had.  I bought mine after 11 months into production.  Stocked up on all kinds of hubs, diff gears, A-arms, bearings.  It's all good, nothing has broke.

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

Not if you want to run the centre diff. I'd hang tight for a while if you can as Traxxas have some new HD coming apperantly ? 

Id rather not ever run a CD in a monster truck, but I am thinking its a necessity on 8s, as much as that pained me to admit.

Edited by Guns

7 minutes ago, FatWheels said:

Where can we buy a black Snap On X-maxx ?

We cant. In America a Snap On franchise owner is allowed to buy one from Traxxas as part of a promotion. If you buy a Snap on product (cheapest is $109) from the dealer, youre entered into a draw to win one. Some franchis owners have just sold this prize on to someone who wants it. 

1 hour ago, Guns said:

Id rather not ever run a CD in a monster truck, but I am thinking its a necessity on 8s, as much as that pained me to admit.

I am in the other boat, c.d are drive train saviors, slipper clutch is for 2wd and crawlers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Timritchieblue said:

Dod do you thinK Traxxas made some changes on the V1?  Do your new V1 tires feel diff than you old ones?  Can you still install shims in the diff?  I find it weird, that I have had none of the problems others have had.  I bought mine after 11 months into production.  Stocked up on all kinds of hubs, diff gears, A-arms, bearings.  It's all good, nothing has broke.

This is a good point, and to be honest I have said already the tires feel different to my other and no I can't get shims in the diff housing like I did on my other 2 . Bearings are the same old Traxxas crap though so they got junked and replaced but I will keep them as backups .. I Got a later colour coded V1 and I have to say it seems better made but it could just be my imagination ? How knows maybe they have made subtle changes along the way ? 

2 hours ago, atom3624 said:

What's the point of making a song and dance about upgrading this, that and the other, saying it's 8S compatible only for people to blow cups and gears again, THEN say there's HD stuff on the way?

If it's as much an increase in durability and longevity as the black-painted helical gears were, then .... lucky us!!

Al.

The point about the new HD gears is they fit unlike others wether there better or not is another question .. 

doddy have you ran your upgrade kit yet?..... if so you should pull the gears and share what you see.... think when mine arrives I am going to install and run a couple sets of packs thru it on the bench, then pull gears out for inspection, gears are good I will run 4 more sets  thru it, under normal basghing conditions then re-inspect gears.

Edited by jump_it

TRAXXARSE U SUCK ARSE!!:yes:!!...there..i said what ur all thinking....:good:....its a bit..no alot off when they ..traxxarse bring out so called upgrades which aint no better then the stuff out now....:doh:...and aint cheap either...:rolleyes:...yes I dont own one but follow this closely as I`d like one one day....:yes:..so I apologise for the main comment i8f it offends anyone.........hopefully not...:good:..

Edited by evssv

12 hours ago, jump_it said:

I am in the other boat, c.d are drive train saviors, slipper clutch is for 2wd and crawlers

I'm with u mate. I have the v1, plan to run the original hd traxxas gears and the taobao ones I linked earlier with the cd and Cush or slipper only v2 bits. ( bulkheads too of course) hopefully that will prove to be tough. 

I dont really see how bashing this on 8s like u would a 1/8 scale mt is going to work out without breakages here n there. Let's be realistic guys....?

we break our 1/8 bashers going big... how is this bigger, heavier... high flying beast of a basher any different? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jump_it said:

doddy have you ran your upgrade kit yet?..... if so you should pull the gears and share what you see.... think when mine arrives I am going to install and run a couple sets of packs thru it on the bench, then pull gears out for inspection, gears are good I will run 4 more sets  thru it, under normal basghing conditions then re-inspect gears.

Nope not run it yet but I don't run 8s anyway and don't really intend to to be honest, well maybe the odd pack ;) 

54 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

I'm with u mate. I have the v1, plan to run the original hd traxxas gears and the taobao ones I linked earlier with the cd and Cush or slipper only v2 bits. ( bulkheads too of course) hopefully that will prove to be tough. 

I dont really see how bashing this on 8s like u would a 1/8 scale mt is going to work out without breakages here n there. Let's be realistic guys....?

we break our 1/8 bashers going big... how is this bigger, heavier... high flying beast of a basher any different? 

Them taobao gears  won't work with the centre diff if there the same as the RP and GPM gears :( 

You bash this hard on 6s it breaks adding more weight and more power it will break more simple fact IMO 

Whats annoying  is this upgrade kit was meant to be its saving grace and sadly from what I'm seeing it's not .. The centre diff isn't saving the drive train at all so what's the point ? 

Let's be honest the XMaxx is with the upgrades at best a 6s capable truck not like they advertise 8s which is where folks are getting pee’d .. Personally I'm happy with the power I get from 6s but with the new motor and new gear ratio that might not be the same for the new V2