• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fid dragon hammer vs kraken vekta

sean-vrs

2 hours ago, scatteh316 said:

More video's of the FID DH on Youtube now... Been speaking to John and breakages have been very very minimal over the rough few months it's been tested.

He says it's a lot stronger then the X2 which is no mean feat as the X2 isn't exactly a weak truck!

For real? They claim tougher than the X2? 

I believe the DH is still 'under testing' so that an rrp can be determined.....whatever that means...

Perhaps the car that actually reaches market will be different to that shown in the pictures?

14 minutes ago, Noj said:

I believe the DH is still 'under testing' so that an rrp can be determined.....whatever that means...

Perhaps the car that actually reaches market will be different to that shown in the pictures?

Hmmm, testing to determine RRP? - that seems weird to me..

• Like 2

Not weird at all, Like have said many times, They charge what they think they can get away with.

On a purely technology and hardware front, Is a Ferrari worth two, three times as much as an E-Class, Of course it's not,Just as much money, time, technology, materials go into building an E-Class as a Ferrari, But they know people will pay two, three times the money, It's what they can get away with, Not what it really worth.

The DH comes with a paper air filter, enclosed behind a small, replica dovecote made in the arts and craft styley....if that is a game changer in any way.

I'm not convinced it will come with either powerplant named above.....

6 hours ago, babylon said:

Not weird at all, Like have said many times, They charge what they think they can get away with.

On a purely technology and hardware front, Is a Ferrari worth two, three times as much as an E-Class, Of course it's not,Just as much money, time, technology, materials go into building an E-Class as a Ferrari, But they know people will pay two, three times the money, It's what they can get away with, Not what it really worth.

Surely something is worth what somebody will pay for it?

If that is the case then that's what it's really worth, so if somebody pays £1million for a Ferrari enzo then that's what it's worth

Edited by sean-vrs

I guesstimate a low, four figure RRP..... How FiD will achieve this remains to be seen. 

It's new, different and, like the Kraken, will have an appeal to many largescale owners. Whether or not it represents actual financial VFM remains to be seen. Whether or not that matters is entirely personal.

vfm with rc !

bottomless pit, the only thing we have to gauge this by is the size of our smiles when we run them. i still get that giddy feeling loading up the car with all the bits, tools, petrol, spares.

their both new, and a different concept to what has gone before, or was seen as the norm.

it will be interesting to see in 6 months vids of them both on a course with similar donkeys on a track, with a five, to really see if the new design, rear axle makes that much difference.

as noj states its personal opinion, some are pleased as punch with a km baja, some love the soulless werrr or the 6s bullet cars.

it simply seems a while since something a little different has come out. someone will have a silly sized engine in, pinions changed and practically impossible to drive soon, but this is what makes this hobby fascinating, we all have a different take on what simply put, makes us smile !

15 hours ago, HYPER-BOY said:

No way, so an E-Class is just a rehashed F458 Italia? - I better had tell my Dad he has something that is the same as a Ferrari then... ^_^

What im saying is that a top of the range E-Class is what, 80 grand, And to take your example, An Italia is around 200 grand, Now take the looks and all that out of the equation and put them next to each other, You now just have two cars, Both made up of of pretty much the same stuff, Miles of cable, Loads of metal and alley, And a bit of carbon for the Ferrari, Rubber, Plastic, Both have had months or years of R&D pumped into them, One is a rocket, The other is a magic carpet, So why is one over twice the price of the other, Why can I have two top of the range E-Class in my garage for the price of one Italia, Because people will pay twice the price for the looks and all that other stuff.

Testing to determine RRP, Just means "Market Reserch", That's the reason we pay more over here than them over there, We are our own worst enemy, When companies like Traxxas are surfing the forums in the U.S. Gauging feedback, And all they can hear is people saying "I'm not paying that for anX-Maxx", That's market research, But when they trawle the forums over here, And hear us saying "I got it at the discount price, But I'd have payed the 750 anyway" Traxxas are laughing all the way to the bank, And someone starts a thread about Traxxas increasing prices and we wonder why, The stuff they sell isn't suddenly worth 25 quid more, The position of there competion means they can get away with 25 quid more.

Market Research.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, HYPER-BOY said:

Hmmm, testing to determine RRP? - that seems weird to me..

Probably seeing what breaks and needs redesigning or strengthening or what spares they need to ship with the car.  That would affect thier bottom line which gets passed onto the customer.

• Like 2

Damm I got bit by the vekta bug today and now  want one really bad ! Any uk shops listing them on their sites yet ? 

After looking over the DH everything seems like an after thought..... Fuel lines over the tuned pipe? Cable throttle ? Hmmmm defiantly not a 1000 rc.

The "testers" will say it's good, there all from the same place or very close with the rcmodelz lot who will be selling them. There not going to say it's crap are they lol. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NG15 said:

Damm I got bit by the vekta bug today and now  want one really bad ! Any uk shops listing them on their sites yet ? 

After looking over the DH everything seems like an after thought..... Fuel lines over the tuned pipe? Cable throttle ? Hmmmm defiantly not a 1000 rc.

The "testers" will say it's good, there all from the same place or very close with the rcmodelz lot who will be selling them. There not going to say it's crap are they lol. 

Being a bit of a devils advocate, But exactly what experience has Vekta got when it comes to designing and building a full blown kit, For some reason unbeknown to me, Fid appear to be talked about like they are doing something wrong and are just copying Vekta like KM and HPI, Its as if people are say "Who do Fid think they are designing a solid rear axle truck", If you look at what Fid have produced in the after market area, I would say they more tech know how, And a bigger manufacturing base than Vekta, I can see any revisions that need making would be made much quicker by Fid.