• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your Tamiya!

XV Pilot

My 3yr olds zootopia police cruiser. It was as fast as a tt01 but has 50t motor now dialed down. Great rc. 

20170724_003123_zpswbcom3vp.jpg

A black bodyshell for little girl wouldnt work. Eyeballing other bodies kids watching zootopia this hit me how easy it would be. We love it. But the scx monsters it.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, XV Pilot said:

That looks painful! Any breakages?

Not the car this time just took some chunks out the foam tyres, It has taken lots of tumbles and overall I have been very impressed with how tough it is.  There has been quite a few casualties though, mainly front hub's and carriers, a few turnbuckles and the ball diff couldn't handle it and gave up (switched to TA06 geared) around 60Mph. I had a total gearbox meltdown when the counter gear cracked and the split pin slipped locking it up :rolleyes:.    

16 hours ago, atom3624 said:

What was the shell for the speed run?

The FF03 has a Tamiya JAS Honda Civic and the TRF had a lightweight Protoform Mercedes, it's not ideal but was just slapped on for the first test run. I have a Protofrom Mazda 6 that I'm just about to start cutting out for it, my least favourite job!

I've been busy swapping over the ESC and Motor (7700kv) I ordered for the 418 getting it ready for the first 100Mph attempt :) 

20170815_133145

I'm not very happy with the Cap pack install as I had tried to fit the Castle pack but It was a total nightmare so I gave up and slapped in an Abisma pack I had in the stores.   I didn't want to go at the wires again so the wiring isn't ideal, I'll probably re-attack when the rage has worn off in a day or two!  I had lust spent the previous hour looking for a tiny part which has remained elusive :rolleyes:

• Like 2

ran the 418 today but just some gentle test pulls to get some log data as I was worried about motor temps.  The logs look good and it drives lovely so I plan to go back out on Tuesday and give it hammering. 

I had awesome few runs with my FF03 :). I never thought it would go so fast when I started working on it, it could be the fastest FF03 in the world :ph34r:  Anyway...

Edited by El Dougo
  • Like 1

My new Protofrom Mazda 6 body for the 418.   

35828424894_01cb3a02e3_b.jpg  

That shell looks very smart indeed [emoji1303]

Oh and the speeds your getting out of these is bloody mental! All sorts of good mental tho [emoji1303] looking forward to the 100mph attempt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Seeing how you liked the crash footage, on my first FF03 run yesterday the front foam tyres let go and launched the car into my mates camera. It was Matrix ones which up until then had been very good, I think they must have got damaged in the last big tumble :) 

• Like 2

Ever wondered how fast a silver can can go?  This is my silver can powered TB04 Evo, it's hit 44.8Mph so far and could be the worlds fastest silver can powered Tamiya :D.  It's running on 3s with 48 pitch 64spur/47 Pinion.

I haven't run the 418 yet, tomorrow or the next day :).  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to run the 418 yesterday.  It was over heating so I had to gear it down with what I had with me, was much better but didn't hit the triple.  A new PB for me though and It's very stable at speed so I'm sure it will happen soon :) 

Edited by El Dougo
typo
  • Like 3