• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas X-Maxx.

Tug

If that's £50 or a bit less I'd be happy enough. Really hoping proline comes out with something super cool though.... Wheel options b great too.... Just for the option. Not saying they r actually "needed" just yet....

10 hours ago, Leeb said:

Maximum destruction is the king of monster trucks imho.

Here she is, for your viewing pleasure, showing the others how it was done that day:

23155296589_9da32ef6c0_o.jpg

10 hours ago, johninderby said:

El Torro Loco and add a smoke generator so it can snort. ;)

John

and for you John

23229783420_ccfba329e8_o.jpg

I've plenty more till amuse till the first Xmaxx's arrives at the end of Jan :)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Daveyb84 said:

these new videos are putting me off slightly, just because of how top heavy they are and how easily they fall over 

It's a Monster Truck, they do that. A few suspension tweaks should reduce its tendency to roll. Off-set rims and/or axle extenders will also make a world of difference. 

• Like 1

That 8s short vid does nothing for me to make me want to do the same. All he really manages to do is crash it. 

I noticed from his traxxas forum thread that he had no interest in running the stock system and it really shows that he's got very little experience actually using the truck. 

Myself i I prefer the idea of using is stock to its full potential, making mods as u go to make it better as u find its weaknesses... Then if it's not up to it maybe power up... 

I see him ruining his truck and drive train in short order... Maybe not tho. We'll c

ive seen a cpl short vids from a guy on urc that's just got 1 Friday and they are low quality.... They do make it look a bit slow and lumbering though. 

Im looking forward to us lot getting ours!.... A UK opinion on this is going to be interesting.. We don't have that same rose tinted view of traxxas over here...( so much)

:rc_car:

Edited by Ocdcbr
  • Like 2

Can I ask a stupid question related to MTs? Are Monster Jam a company who own all the trucks? Are they the same underneath? I just thought it was a tv show (although I have never watched it). I just always sort of assumed they just ran the competition and that the teams were kind of 'home grown'. 

15 minutes ago, turok007 said:

just need to see what run times & temps are like when it is running fast.

Flat out? I'd reckon three minutes and two billion degrees, Celsius of course, I don't do Fahrenheit.