• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Jumpshot MT

PraetoR

It's gotta be said hpi have came off as being very good with customer support. 

I had the polar opposite experience when I complained about missing parts in my kit. Fobbing me off from one number to the next. I just brought the upgrades instead and gave up. 

My 2p worth. If you're considering a 2wd MT, you could do a lot worse than the ECX Ruckus BL @ £176 to your door, complete with dynamite waterproof 3s capable esc, dynamite 3300kv 4 pole motor, spectrum dx2e and waterproof receiver, good looking BIG!!!! body, more like 1/9 - it dwarfs my Hyper 7. And significantly, in the context of this thread, all metal gears as standard.

Downsides? Crap servo (10-15 quid fix), loads of slop in steering & linkages due to soft bendy plastics (has it's advantages in a basher as rarely breaks, but again cheap to sharpen up if you want to). That's it really.

Tough old school tail out MT fun at a bargain price. And ECX is Horizon Hobby so parts are available fairly easily either through MS or the via US, through peeps like ST.Louis RC.

Helion Intrusion will be released this month, rrp of 180 sheets.

It looks good, has a nice little four pole combo and I will review it when mine arrives....a serious contender for a 2wd MT, imho.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Derka said:

Looks a good truck. The Torment (Short course style) gets above average reviews from bashers.

Where can you get it for £176?

Sundon model shop through ebay, though I don't think the rrp is much if any more than this. Sure you could ask MS to get you one - when I bought my Torment BL I just called them as it wasn't showing on their website.

7 hours ago, Noj said:

Helion Intrusion will be released this month, rrp of 180 sheets.

It looks good, has a nice little four pole combo and I will review it when mine arrives....a serious contender for a 2wd MT, imho.

Noice. I was going to opt for that, myself, but the draw of the PMT was too strong...

Wait, you have a PMT, don't you?? Why another 2WD MT?

35 minutes ago, Praet0r87 said:

Noice. I was going to opt for that, myself, but the draw of the PMT was too strong...

Wait, you have a PMT, don't you?? Why another 2WD MT?

Reading this I've just had a horrible wife type flashback

the answer is WHY NOT!!

• Like 1

"Every man should have the same number of cars as she has shoes", simple. 

However, if she only has six pairs and you want a seventh car, simply modify the above rule to; "every man should have a car for every shoe she has", six pairs equates to twelve cars, simple. 

However, if you want a thirteenth car, just start counting handbags, OK? 

My work here is done. 

• Like 2

I believe Einstein had it right when he said "PF = VO + 1" Where PF means Perfect Fleet and VO means Vehicles Owned. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Tug said:

"Every man should have the same number of cars as she has shoes", simple. 

However, if she only has six pairs and you want a seventh car, simply modify the above rule to; "every man should have a car for every shoe she has", six pairs equates to twelve cars, simple. 

However, if you want a thirteenth car, just start counting handbags, OK? 

My work here is done. 

Lol....i wouldn't have  half  as  many cars if this was the case. ...:crying:.