• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Jumpshot MT

PraetoR

It's a cheat, it uses GPS to steer the car if it starts to veer off line. I've had a go with a Slash 4x4 that had it fitted, it's good, but not sure I'd use it, I prefer to tune the vehicle to drive correctly and to my tastes. 

Interesting... I've never seen the 4wd ruckus before, it's a completely different looking chassis to the 2wd, I wonder if it's just as tough?

For bashing, I prefer 2WD MTs, personally, because of more slides, wheelies and fun. :)

It's a cheat, it uses GPS to steer the car if it starts to veer off line. I've had a go with a Slash 4x4 that had it fitted, it's good, but not sure I'd use it, I prefer to tune the vehicle to drive correctly and to my tastes. 

What the? Lol!

Can you turn it off

AVC is controlled using sensors in the rx not gps, had it my halix and it's useful for loose traction surfaces as helps keep it in a straight line etc sensitivity can be adjusted or switched off altogether. It's not something i'd really use though but handy for the kids.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Technology/AVC.aspx

Edited by stretch

Really? The guy I was talking to said GPS. Should've researched myself instead of listening to him. It's still a cheat though. 

Yep really no gps module in the rx ;) and your right it is a cheat.

Yep really no gps module in the rx ;) and your right it is a cheat.

Is it using one of those gyros? I've no idea how they work, never looked in to it as I'm not interested in using them, they're also a cheat! AVC and gyros are banned from racing, which is totally correct as it's cheating if you're not controlling the car.

How far off topic can we go? :) 

Oh, I'm sure we can take it further...

What is MORE cheating, AVC or gyros?? ;)

Actually, to bring this back in-line, I've ordered some bearings, which mean I MIGHT be able to fit two modified Firestorm idler gears into the Jumpshot gearbox.

• Like 1

No, because FTX Carnages are crap.

They do a brushless 2WD Ruckus, but they aren't widely available.

You could get a brushed one and convert to brushless?

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/ecx-ruckus-1-10-2wd-monster-truck-green-black-rtr/rc-car-products/394425

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/etronix-photon-2.1w-system-with-9.0t-4350kv-motor-45a-esc/rc-car-products/383632

Edited by Praet0r87

This is what is putting me of regarding all these new brands. I'm not sure I trust ECX? I've had Traxxas and Hpi models since the 90s, I trust them.

my shortlist is

HPI Jumpshot MT and risk a brushless system.

HPI Firestorm Flux. Love these things 

HPI Bullet Flux MT

Traxxas stampede  VXL

BUT I've owned them all bar the Jumpshot, multiple times.....

Hmm

It's almost 1/8th money by the time it's running though, with from what i can see questionable parts support??

I don't want to get into deep this time. I decided to sell up in 2013, and ended up with £4k in my PayPal....  I was shocked how much I had invested!! I just want a cheap knock about I can use every now and then. Max budget was £250..... lol....

Edited by Guns

UK parts support is sadly lacking.

German parts support however is good, well priced and cheap delivery.

Another plus is this: a truck that seldom breaks needs little part support. Front arms and spur gears are all you need to keep 'in', and front arms are debatable on 2s bashing, in my experience.

Admittedly, it does, blow your budget somewhat with having to fit electrics, I'd rate a Hobbywing over a VXL any day of the week...

Buy from Germany, stick the spares in with the order, combo from Rcmart will be with you in a week, customs free....et voilà, Mon Ami :lol:

FTX Carnages are not to everybodys tastes but I think "Crap" is a bit too harsh. 

Just going by what was said in the FTX Vs BSD thread over in "general electric", plus what I got from working at Tay Models, which sells FTX models. :)

Edited by Praet0r87

UK parts support is sadly lacking.

German parts support however is good, well priced and cheap delivery.

Another plus is this: a truck that seldom breaks needs little part support. Front arms and spur gears are all you need to keep 'in', and front arms are debatable on 2s bashing, in my experience.

Admittedly, it does, blow your budget somewhat with having to fit electrics, I'd rate a Hobbywing over a VXL any day of the week...

Buy from Germany, stick the spares in with the order, combo from Rcmart will be with you in a week, customs free....et voilà, Mon Ami :lol:

I appreciate it's obviously a good truck, but in 2015, £339 for a 1/10th 2wd roller is absolutely ridiculous. That's pushing 8th scale money. Heck my VE8 with castle mmm and 2650kv motor, a 6s lipo and a charger was purchased brand new for a similar amount that it would take to get that 2wd 1/10th scale Mt running.

I'm genuinely cannot believe they've sold a single one at that price!

Powerstock shocks don't fill me with confidence either, they were awful on the Maxx series.

Edited by Guns