• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi 5B Buggy.

RJJ

How are you finding the Elcon shell strength. My first round at MMR pretty much trashed mine with no engine guard fitted .trying to find a alternative shell that will fit if you have any ideas. Did look at the grafil but looks too small for exhaust. On the bright side they handle soo much better than the 5ive

Very nice, would'nt mind a buggy conversion although im not sure the bodys will hold up to much abuse.

Wouldn't mind a spec list :)

there is a 2wd conversion or you do it on the cheap like me(take front diff and drive shalfs out and put a diff locker in the centre)

• Like 2

Doubt it mate, they go brown when dyed.

A brand new tank that's never seen fuel, dyed a couple of times should go pretty close to black Mark.

The browning seems to happen when people try cleaning them of fuel... Use a brand new one instead and it should take a lot better.

• Like 1

A brand new tank that's never seen fuel, dyed a couple of times should go pretty close to black Mark.

The browning seems to happen when people try cleaning them of fuel... Use a brand new one instead and it should take a lot better.

oh...ok thanks Dan, wouldn't mind a black tank myself lets see how rav did his..Come on Rav..lol

• Like 1

Thats what i thought, it looks like a new tank, like about eveything else on it lol! Money on wheels arnt they? :)

Fuel reaction will send it a funny colour, it does everything else it touches lol!

Edited by flatout!

Point there, but the shell will get rid of the sun thing id of thought but fuel thing aswell, i always tip my baja up on its front wheels to see how much fuel iv got left to go, id miss that with it being black, i bet it'll fade after I bit to see what fuels in there thou

Looking at this buggy its brought my attention to the tank its self again, when full does it give the buggy tendency to try and barrel roll when you jump it?, a full tank like, it looks ok on the 5ive because it's bigger but the tank on the buggy just looks like it's front corner heavy? Maybe just me but when the tank is full that front corner of the buggy is going to be heavy and with shortening it,it won't be as balanced? Im asking really not telling so no one get the wrong end of it, :)

Plenty of people run them in various large scales, I can't see either issue being a problem.

To be honest it's impossible to see in something like a Baja with an enclosed chassis anyway.

Personally for me I'd more than likely spray the outside black, just so theirs no risk of any fuel contamination.

• Like 1

Looking at this buggy its brought my attention to the tank its self again, when full does it give the buggy tendency to try and barrel roll when you jump it?, a full tank like, it looks ok on the 5ive because it's bigger but the tank on the buggy just looks like it's front corner heavy? Maybe just me but when the tank is full that front corner of the buggy is going to be heavy and with shortening it,it won't be as balanced? Im asking really not telling so no one get the wrong end of it, :)

. Far from it tbh. You'd be surprised how well balanced these buggies are or at least the ocbaja I have. I've only raced mine at MMR and bashfest and no issues so far. Handles so much better than a 5ive. Again same as the 5ive the only issue I have is the steering servo even with the uber tonegawa setup it gets really hot under there. Hoping the new spekky servo will sort this when there finally here
  • Like 1

Thats good then, im hoping to go with the losi 5b after iv got all the experience with running my baja, and im definitely going to run it rear wheel drive,

do they do a race class for the modified 5ive buggy?