• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone else go shooting ?

epons300

The tune includes the following: 

The rifle is stripped down to its component parts; they are inspected for any wear and overall quality. In most cases parts can be machined or replaced if needed, and are not charged for.  The rifle is worked through as follows:

Hammer mechanism
•    Ensure the assembly is free of any oil, grease or debris which can cause consistency issues
•    Re-finish hammer spring to a higher accuracy  
•    Polish the bearing surfaces in the hammer  
•    Hammer/trigger sear mating face is modified if needed
•     The Hammer spring is considerably shortened to reduce the power after the regulator is fitted, this makes cocking effort much less and puts much less pressure on the trigger sears, allowing a much crisper and responsive second stage.

•    

Loading assembly
•    Loading probe modified for pellet feed and smoothness
•    Bearing surfaces polished
•    If you include the magazine in with your rifle they are also modified to remove any loading issues such as jamming whilst cycling
•    Lubricant is added to parts of the assembly to allow a smoother action
•    Bolt lock up mechanism is usually modified for more responsive and smoother movement, also increasing the rifles consistency. 

Exhaust valve, transfer port & barrel
•    The exhaust valve stem assembly is modified to run more efficiently 
•    Valve is refaced and modified for a faster flow
•    Valve body is modified for better airflow through the firing cycle increasing efficiency 
•    The valve pressure is reset to give a better performance between heavy and lighter pellets
•    The transfer port is modified to give a higher degree of air flow efficiency 
•    Crown of the barrel re-cut or polished if needed  to increase the rifles accuracy
•    Transfer port and barrel are aligned correctly
•    The Adjuster in the transfer port is set with minimum restriction to allow a much more efficient use of air, 90% of the power setting is done with the hammer spring shortening. Only the final setting is done on this adjuster, which also helps with the FPS variance.

Trigger assembly
•    Sears are polished to a smoother finish if needed
•    Hammer engagement sear modified if needed to smoother let off
•    Trigger let-off is set to a comfortable and safe amount. 

Some parts may be chargeable although I do replace many damaged parts for free as standard. O-ring seals are replaced as standard throughout the rifle and refitted with the correct lubrication.

44 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Don’t forget the best bit, Rat Works engraved on the block/receiver lol

I thought it was a sticker?

Well now I’m sold!!

I’ll probably wait till after Xmas as I’ll have a week off & get some range time in during the day.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Don’t forget the best bit, Rat Works engraved on the block/receiver lol

What sort of warranty/guarantee does the work come with? My dilemma is that I have a 12 month warranty so I’d like that replaced ideally & still be covered?

Looks like I’ll be getting/ordering a springer next week, but I’m not looking spend much than £300, the Hawke Vantage off the R10 will be going on it and I’m getting a Sidewinder SF 30 for the R10, well that’s the plan :D

2 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Looks like I’ll be getting/ordering a springer next week, but I’m not looking spend much than £300, the Hawke Vantage off the R10 will be going on it and I’m getting a Sidewinder SF 30 for the R10, well that’s the plan :D

Lamberts of Ringwood have a HW97K for £300

If it's as good as the R10s tune was I can't really go wrong and Phils a great guy to deal with. I do have a TBT tuning kit for it that's been sitting on the table for best part of a year but I'm not brave enough to fit myself, plus I don't have the tools to do it anyway so I'll probably sell it on.

• Thanks 1

I’ve got prices for both my S510 & the boys Phox, Phil goes into great detail in what he does to the rifle & what’s included I really like that, I’ll be sending mine off after the new year though as I want it here for when I’m off for Xmas!

as for Toby’s Phox, I can’t wait to show the RaT works logo on AGF, they’ve all said tuning one of them is a waste of time & money, from Phils email to me that seems utter bull crap, he can really get the phox/coyote tuned very nicely & can sort the trigger, ok he said it’ll never be AS good as a rekord or a CD unit, but it’ll be a worthy vast improvement.

• Thanks 1