• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone else go shooting ?

epons300

3 hours ago, RCbutcher said:

My mate has a remington nice looking rifle like a dark black carbon look to it with scope and silencer. I think I could get it off him if I tried. Are they considerd to be good? 

I thought remington was a propper gun maker so think it will be a good one. It's modern too very nice. Co2 i think. But i couldn't see a canister on it. 

If I were you I'd avoid it as most Remmington air rifles are re branded Chinese rifles (some aren't too bad and some can be great if fettled with) but it's up to you.

Have a look here I'm sure someone will be able to help you http://www.airgunforum.co.uk/forums/

bought a daystate airwolf recently after wanting one for years, not bad results shooting off a bipod at a ranged 40 meters, its a .177 using 4.52 jsb exacts

20160223_113138.jpg

20160223_115453.jpg

20160223_124203_1.jpg

20160307_001228.jpg

Edited by Scoobie007
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

have been playing around making my own 'home brew' night vision lately, its a bit crude looking, but functional.  A cheap cctv nightvision lense, a cheap screen from ebay and a few cables and some plumbers pipe, an ir torch and a battery and an old scope mount,  cost me no more £70, and i can see far beyond the rifles capabilities, and its good fun using it as a monster finding camera with my kids ( not attached to the gun lol)

20160429_134828.jpg

20160429_134859.jpg

needs adjusting in this photo, its since been adjusted and you get a perfect image of what the scope see's on the screen

20160304_203749.jpg

this was plugged into my tv, in the door way of my bedroom, facing out down the hall in total darkness, when using it outside, its just as clear beyond a 100 yards.

Edited by Scoobie007
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

that is cool! like a fpv lol

its not bad considering the bits i bought, its a bit rough around the edges, but its totally useable, i was hitting 10p sized spinners @ 40 yards earlier today just using the screen to aim, pretty pointless for daytime shooting, but for shooting at night it performs just as well as the 'proper' 400+ odd quid night time setups.

i doubt i will ever really use it for shooting, just one of those things i saw and fancied having a crack at it, my kids use it all the time for playing in the dark, and looking at stuff in the garden when its dark, so was worth it, even if its just to keep them quiet :D

Edited by Scoobie007

19 hours ago, Scoobie007 said:

have been playing around making my own 'home brew' night vision lately, its a bit crude looking, but functional.  A cheap cctv nightvision lense, a cheap screen from ebay and a few cables and some plumbers pipe, an ir torch and a battery and an old scope mount,  cost me no more £70, and i can see far beyond the rifles capabilities, and its good fun using it as a monster finding camera with my kids ( not attached to the gun lol)

20160429_134828.jpg

20160429_134859.jpg

needs adjusting in this photo, its since been adjusted and you get a perfect image of what the scope see's on the screen

20160304_203749.jpg

this was plugged into my tv, in the door way of my bedroom, facing out down the hall in total darkness, when using it outside, its just as clear beyond a 100 yards.

I see a good one.  some bloke stuck a camcorder on the end of the scope.  It looked like it worked ok.

• 2 months later...
On Monday, July 11, 2016 at 19:23, autobutcher said:

Anyone used a Logan S16, been offered one cheap, just needs a service. Fancied one when they first came out but I couldn't give up my HW90k!

I know the early ones used to suffer from seal failure around air tank and not hold pressure,  but it was an easy fix, other than that i think they were overall a fairly well received rifle, get the seals replaced in the service and you should be golden :-)

That's what's wrong with this one, gone a bit silly though and got a de-act. Bren to go look at, if I get the Bren at the right price I should be able to get the Logun as well, just have to wait till next payday to get a pump and service kit.

• 7 months later...
On 16/07/2016 at 19:29, autobutcher said:

That's what's wrong with this one, gone a bit silly though and got a de-act. Bren to go look at, if I get the Bren at the right price I should be able to get the Logun as well, just have to wait till next payday to get a pump and service kit.

wow, been a long time since i saw this thread, been off the forum for ages and just been looking at my old forum posts, did you get the de-act bren?, or the logun? ive still got the daystate airwolf .177 and a few shotguns, was thinking about giving them up, but the renewal process for another 5 years was fairly easy, so ive kept them.

• 4 months later...

I did manage to shoot it when I got back and was really surprised how accurate it is for a Co2 pistol, obviously it will never be as accurate as a rifle or a high end competition pistol but for what it is I'm really surprised by it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/07/2017 at 21:25, supersavage said:

I did manage to shoot it when I got back and was really surprised how accurate it is for a Co2 pistol, obviously it will never be as accurate as a rifle or a high end competition pistol but for what it is I'm really surprised by it. 

I've never done any of this air rifle stuff (wouldn't mind doing some target shooting and that) but I've done plenty of airsoft. It's quite surprising how accurate some setups can be even with little .2g bbs :) 

Congrats on the new rifle though, is that black thingy on the front end a gas chamber or something? (No not on the end of the barrel I'm not that silly :D ).

• Like 1