• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Noj's PMT

Noj

Nowt new, in fact, a mere imitation of what has come before. Thanks to Mr Arthur Joseph Roberts for finding a bargain and sharing his source  :thumbsup:  Been considering adding a basher MT to the fleet again (Summit aside), this fit the bill perfectly, having a combo etc already in-house. Arthur and Bez have covered the actual kit and build, makes for a quick thread. Cheers chaps :thumbsup:  

So, here she is, running a Turnigy  :omgblinky: 80a/3520kv combo on 2s, 22t pinny on stock spur. Steering is provided by Mr Savox 0252 with no bec or cap pack (lost the cap pack somewhere between the drawer and the desk last night, go figure :xd: ) cos that's how I roll....

Traxxas rx box on order from Apex (via ebay) so the balloon may reside a while longer yet....wires will be tidied when the box arrives (likely as not I'll knock out a short extension for the esc as the lead is taught).

One pack street bash this avo, needs more speed, fo sho! Going to try a 3s compact tomorrow on this gearing and see what occurs... Traction was good on tarmac, wheelies aplenty and some roof time also, nowt like keeping the neighbours on their toes with the sound of lexan against tarmac at speed :whistling: All hail the 2 year old stampede shell that you just knew would come in handy again....

PMT01DSCN2602_zps5a9465c0.jpg

PMT01DSCN2603_zps5d432f88.jpg

PMT01DSCN2604_zps57969de9.jpg

• Like 2

Never tried a trackstar before, not that impressed so if it flames, I ain't worried :xd:

2s would be better than 3s imo,so...higher kv can or gear this one higher?? more testing required methinks :thumbsup:

Not convinced she is as quick dude...I didn't have my temp gun either, can never got too hot by touch, but it is a chilly day here (despite the sun)

I have a 4000kv hobbywing four pole in the hyper TT I could pinch for now...

What gearing are you running, AJ?

Hmmmm......think that settles it then, combo out, different combo in. Smallest pinny I have is 22t so i can get temp readings tomorrow.

Now, how to remove an esc stuck down with dead man's grip....silly Noj  :whistling:

• Like 1

Pre-glued, expecting 'some' ballooning.

Expecting more poke, four pole can :) Mix of tarmac and grass today, no vids promised though, as bashing near a school...don't want any reports of 'strange, special men in open ground, tempting kids with cars'... ;)

Pre-glued, expecting 'some' ballooning.

Expecting more poke, four pole can :) Mix of tarmac and grass today, no vids promised though, as bashing near a school...don't want any reports of 'strange, special men in open ground, tempting kids with cars'... ;)

No, because then your secret reason for building the silent 5ive will be out :tease:

On another note, if that motor still doesn't do what you want, I still reckon the 4700 is worth a look, if you don't already have the right sized 3s to slot in there of course.

Quality taps FTW!

Faster, intermittent lack of power, as if hitting lvc early?? 6.6 nanotechs, 60c so they shouldn't be the issue, unless a cell is weak? Shall check it out, pop a power cap in the RX and try again after lunch and hoovering :(

Edit: Cells are 3.66 and 3.69 respectively....ESC lvc set to 3.2v so will drop that to 3.0v.

Oh, couldn't locate temp gun either, motor not hot to the touch. Located gun, will take with me :)

Nowt broken, shock socks required for the rears :)

Edited by Noj