• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's Little Monster...... Pro-line Pro MT

.AJ.

I'm the 'owner' of the truck which Bez spoke about earlier in the thread and has been on order for 6 weeks.  Was looking forward to having the first one, guess I'm going to be one of a crowd now.....   :hug:

Looks great AJ   :thumbsup:

Bez, do we need the steering upgrade?   :eek:

• Like 1

I'm going to strip out the servo saver later and see if it will lock down better, Harvey I wouldn't run a low end servo with no saver, it won't last 5 mins, but something like a 1256 or a decent Hitec or Xpert should be perfectly fine without one

This has got me wanting one more than ever now, must have it.

The 2wd Stampede has always been tempting me, so seeing as this is an all hopup Stampede effectively, and in kit form it ticks the boxes the original doesn't.

Your build threads are bad to everyone's bank accounts lol

• Like 2

What do y'all think?

20150131_080508_zpss24gixca.jpg

20150131_080440_zpsfo1lu7h2.jpg

I've left the window masks on for now as I'm going to get some Tamiya Smoke to tint the windows and it saves me getting greasy fingers marks on the windows and having to clean them again :)

• Like 1

I think it looks a nice little truck.

Several years ago, I went through the phase of direct connecting the steering servos - Maxx and Raminator - when I fitted high spec servos.

It was a bad move!

They're there for that one reason - saving the servo from stripping gears, even metal ones.

If you think the stock one's too slack, then check out options.

Those tyres are big and grippy. Does it steer OK when on the move?

Al.

I get where you are coming from, fingers crossed I will get to run her tomorrow, I would like to keep the servo saver but as you can see in the vid I posted its still pretty slack even when cranked down, for bashing it probaly won't make a difference

The servo I've ordered does come with a 12 month replacement warranty which includes stripped gears, so if it does go all tits up with alloy rack fitted it's not the end of the world :)

I bet someones brought them to sell it in parts lots, when germany did the savage xs ss for 120 loads of new kit parts appeared on ebay. I got some great bargains. Ide do it but fear it wouldnt work out lol. 

Ide rather get the pede 4x4 brushed rtr for

That does look great tho its just the 2wd bit that stops me. My skash had alot of the proline upgrades fitted tho just needed chassis , gearbox and shox to complete. It was 10x better with the protrac and losi shocks tho it hardly ever fell over. But did get stuck alot rear wheels ballooned didnt even set it free. 

Cracking looking lil truck AJ, colour scheme has a touch of the HPI about it, which ain't a bad thing at all.

• Like 1

Chassis looks like a bucket ready to start collecting crud! Is it designed so that the shell hugs the chassis to create a sort of seal? Perhaps an inverted pic with shell on so we can see how the two come together?