• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What is the best transmitter 2014?

I think the flyskys would win radio of the year. But also fuglyist radio of the year lol.

Ide buy a dx4s but idk they dont have a good reputation with 2 stroke rcs.

Futaba high end radios are probably the best respected with no real issues ive heard around them. But they are stupid expensive.

So back to the flysky radios they are silly cheap and could be considered disposable the rxs are even cheaper and they perform as well as any beast radio.

Again tho flyskys are ugly im using a dx3c radio after swapping around alot of times the dx3c is the best ive had but rumours of its poor performance with 2stroke is making me think again. I have no idea what ill go for if i swap again.

I'm another running the spekky Dx4s without any problems, a very nice Tx indeed and comes with 3 different sized rubber grips which is handy. No pun intended!

modelsport have had 3 x dx4s returned of me all with same problem,

rf board fault horizon says.may of been a bad batch or something.

went and bought a futaba 4pls never had a problem since.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i picked up a 4pks with receiver off ebay for $180 shipped and couldnt be happier. its literally a game changer. by far the best $180 i have spent on any r/c equipment hands down.

I'm looking for radio gear at the moment. Tell me, having only ever owned rtr 2.4 gear like DX2e, traxxas tqi etc, what makes a top notch setup like the futaba and Sanwa systems mentioned above so much of a 'game changer'?

Is it only really a benefit if you race? I only bash, so would one of those be overkill? Problem is I only need a 2 ch system with minimal features (never touched all the adjustable settings on the tqi), but like the idea of high quality construction / bullet proof reliability. And I don't mind paying for it.

When I was a kid I had a Sprengbrook 27 MHz stick set, a Harry brooks branded Ko Propo, and it was beautifully made and 100% reliable. Felt like you could chuck it at a wall and it would work just fine afterwards. Anything similar available today?

You get several things:

1) Faster response. With a good radio, there is less delay between control input and response from the car. Cheap radios like the FlySky GT3B have a noticable lag. I have a GT3B and an MT-4, and I can see the difference.

2) Reliability. I have had no reception issues, no screen problems and generally faultless reliability from my Sanwa. The trigger snapped on the GT3B, the screen goes haywire when it's cold and even when it's not, it can be hard to read. The power button fell off too...

3) Feel. A cheap radio always feels like a cheap radio. The Sanwa has nice buttons, positive click when pressed, and a comfortable grip/wheel.

4) Features. You will often get better thought out and useful features, though not always. Depends on what you spend and what you want. The MT-4 has built in 4 wheel steer options, expo and EPA adjustment, plus the ability to program all the buttons to do what you want. The GT3B has program functions, but they are more basic.

Now.......here's the thing:

It all depends on your pocket. If you were looking to spend

• Like 1

Thanks for the run down there, all makes sense. I'm trying to figure out if it's better to get one tx with model memory and multiple receivers, though probably won't ever have more than three vehicles, or just get one or two more basic setups like GT2b. I've read various comments about the model memory on the GT3b being a bit problematic, and things like power switch too that all point to a fairly low rent (but feature high) construction. Hmmm...

Will look at the 3PL too.

how do you get on with this transmitter , i have this for my baja ss but been told a kill switch will not work with the AVC

Yes that's right avc and the kill

Switch don't get on at all. But that's all down to the rx. My dx4s came with 2 rx, only 1 of them

has avc so I used the other one

• 5 years later...