• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Yeti XL reveal pics

TWINSET

C'mon - that Big Squid RC review was terrible. They didn't really follow up enouh on what they found difficult with the car's handling, and they didn't say what bits they broke on the test car, simply stating that they swapped some bits from a parts car.

Generally I'm a fan of the Go Big or Go Home  mentality, but I'm pretty sure my Alza'd Savage Flux XL would outrun one of these, and I think I will go for the 1:10 Yeti roller instead.

Big Squid review was really a bit pointless ....

broke some bits, but we can't remember what. Took bits off spare car .... of course we will all buy a spare....

Jumped alright, didn't turn well....fast on 6S. Went over bumps better than a 1/10 one. Oh..and it doesn;t crawl asit's geared to run over 5mph

I'm reserving judgement until I read a proper review from soneone who has actually paid for a car and is looking properly at the issues with a view to sorting them.

Those guys got given a bunch of cars to muck about with for a bit, and had fun doing it. Who wouldn't .... but I wouldn't spend

Taken personally and insulted!!

Joking mate - no worries.

I was brought up on Tamiya and Traxxas.

My E-Maxx 3906 is still with me now.

I DO agree that they're made for a market.

If driven reasonably, they're fine, but once you start upping the power - as we all do - they're stuffed.

Exception appears to be the Stampede - great little runabout.

On the hop-up comment, I bought loads of RPM arms, spare skids, etc - haven't needed any! Still on the shelf!

Never know, this may fall into the 'Stampede category' as Expected to Break, but generally just doesn't!

Al.

Edited by atom3624

After havin one of these in hand at the scale nationals this weekend I will say it has a big presence......

It dwarfs a savage flux and e-revo size wise, size of motor looks similar to a scorpion xxl can and similar sized esc to a mmm.

Don't get me wrong, If I was given one I would be happy but I don't think I would go out and buy one but if your in the market for a big brushless, this would be worthwhile considering.....

after looking really closely at the pictures on modelsport i have a few concerns first and foremost there is a lot of plastic, the front arms look painfully flimsy and the esc is not even a mamba monster it is the model down the 1/8 sidewinder which castle created to fill a niche, and yes will take 6s but is not a well known or renowned esc and considering the cost of the car it's a very cheap system and on top of all that fixed turnbuckles on a car of this price is just a joke.

as for the esc being castle the wires give it away as they say castle on them lol and here is a link to the esc it is http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Castle-Creations-1-8-8th-Sidewinder-Waterproof-Sport-Brushless-ESC-Motor-2200kv-/390950056190?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5b067070fe

Edited by norcoforever

I wasn't that in depth with the specs of the electrics but the plastics looked up to the abuse, yes it's plasticky but axial are and they bounce quite well.

Still a nice truck and would make a cracking bit of kit to add to someone's collection.....

A woman always has her reasons, whether or not these are shared and fully explained is a different matter.

Agree on price point, 400 sheets would see one of these coming home, 620 sheets is a laundromat too many for this tight fisted Northerner ;)

• Like 2

Now see this is what gets me annoyed. If you mail order one of these in the USA it will only cost you 430 sheets. Why should we have to pay over 600 sheets in the UK?

it's because some company's are greedy.   as some items can be got it the UK for the proper exchange rate.   it all depends on the company.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got an XL and the 1/10. The issues found on the 1/10 havent appeared yet. It's built to be abused.

Having hammered several packs through it, I am impressed by just how strong it is (I'm a fan of going big).

Axial have almost got it perfect imo.

Could you provide more detailed information about your experiences, type of terrain you've bashed it on, what size packs, have you changed anything from stock (diff/shock oils, taped tyres etc)?

Cheers :)

I have run it on mud, gravel, grass, wood chippings, mulch, concrete and a disused rail way line. I've even hucked it off jumps into must if those surfaces. The XL is still running like a dream. Behaves wonderfully at slow and high speed.

Currently I'm running on pairs of Max Amps 3s 6000XLmAH True 100c. Run times vary between 28-45 minutes (depending on how you drive)

I has been run completely stock, in order to review it fully and fairly. I haven't had any issues with the battery trays, or it bottoming out. The front arms are incredibly strong, contrary to what everyone seems to think.

You do get some torque twist if you try to snap the throttle open from standing (like any high power rig), however it's easy to handle. The steering really gives you great accuracy, the rear end is planted and delivers power without being skittish.

(I am aware that my choice of battery is beyond many peoples budget, and other high output batteries are available.)