• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The whoa! thread (Coolest RC pics!)

Nick

The Landy looks superb, the setting ruins it, as I've said before....as with so many of these pics. It is tricky to fit scale kit into a 1:1 world (I have spent many hours posing 1/6 scale kit for photos), but very doable, with some proper thought/placement. Background is key, so, whilst rocks/sand/gravel are great, having trees and ferns in the background, which are completely out of scale, ruins the image for me...

Just seems a shame to spoil hours of creativity with a five minute shot :(

This is the winner for me

59c9f52c-0d85-4f93-86ff-6927f9c9f77e_zps

Looks so real. well done buddy you should be proud of that epic build :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you roverman, i really appreciate the nice words, she's called mandy the landy lol, my fiancee bought it me for my last birthday and my fiancee is called amanda so thats how she became mandy the landy, i dont name any of my rc's normaly but some how it suited this one, anyways with regards to the scale background i put very litlle thought into the background as im actually to busy enjoying running it.

I travel to the lake district on a regular basis and always take a rc or two with me and i always snap a few pics, to be honest i spend more time having fun crawling around and i just snap the occational pic here and there on my phone, i dont actualy look for a scale setting as such im far to busy enjoying playing with it, but i do think some of the pics come out rather good.

Edited by the watchman
  • Like 1

Hf9S6Qd.jpg

Oh sweet jesus.. That is phenomenal! :o

My favourite car in the world right there! Giulia Sprint GTA's are beautiful little cars! I'd have one over ANY car, any day!  :yes:

I think I know what my next rc project will be now! Had no idea these shells existed!  :)

On another note.. I actually looked into buying one of these in full race spec a while back. Found one being sold for

lool all that effort for mini gazeebos etc..but have massive fence posts on their bodyshells 

shame as thats really cool.

Also tamiya do a m06 of that Giulia Sprint, its hilarious to watch it race in stock form bouncing all over the shop like some pimps low rider on broken hydraulics 

lool all that effort for mini gazeebos etc..but have massive fence posts on their bodyshells 

Also tamiya do a m06 of that Giulia Sprint, its hilarious to watch it race in stock form bouncing all over the shop like some pimps low rider on broken hydraulics 

Exactly what I thought when I saw that picture! :lol: Would have thought if you're anal enough to go to that much detail, you'd have the common sense to buy a few different sets of posts and trim them to match your shells..

I believe the version oodboo linked me to is an M06 chassis. Looking online, there are plenty of hop-ups available for it. Should make a cracking shelf queen! Though there is no way I'd be sticking horrible body posts through my shell! Body posts ruin the scale look for me. Big no no!  :nono:

Oh and no Alfa GTA should handle well. You ever watched them in real life? It's crazy! The only way they get around corners quickly is by sliding around them! Haha

Edited by TrickyTris

Oh and no Alfa GTA should handle well. You ever watched them in real life? It's crazy! The only way they get around corners quickly is by sliding around them! Haha

haha the m06 sadly with its amazing stock shock absorbers and setup it makes for a rather funny experience i can assure you, however as you said SO many hop ups available so adjustable carbon shock towers and better shocks sorts the comedy handling out pretty quick. 

however racing them stock against ..not so stock minis is just too funny 

• Like 1

I'll have to give it a little drive when I have it and film it for its comedic value! :lol: Already have a hop-up's list building..  :whistling:

That lowrider looks the mutts!! 

Reminds me of the truck on episode 31 of Roadkill. :)

Edited by TrickyTris

I always presumed it was for minimal amount of protection. If it rolls, the body posts should take some of the impact before the shell?