• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vaping

Rover Man

for quick ramp up coils look at ni80 wire

for mods with not much power its perfect i just do a simple build off 24g ni80 about 6 or 7 waps round 2.5mm core at that usually comes out at 0.2 ohm

• 2 weeks later...

Baby v8 is a cracking little tank. My friend at work uses one on the same mod as me and it eclipses my aspire cleito tank, which in all fairness is a good tank ! I find them much better at lower wattage. Don't need to run them that high sweet spot for me is 40-50w

Edited by bombercountynick

well the coolfire 4 just didnt cut it to short vape time and the lowly 2000mah battery had me charging it every day twice.............. did i go back onto the cancer sticks .... hell no i gotta new box lol 

now rocking a Eleaf Istick Power 80w mod with a 5000mah lipo battery inside , the little coolfire got a make over i gave it a lovely chrome orange wrap and its my back up vape or my on the scoot vape .......... while in the store and close to the 20th may deadline for selling stuff i found a box on the shop desk with a good few tanks inside all brand new boxed and priced at a fiver each. i dug around and found a UD GOBLIN RBA lets just say that little tank came home with me lol. its a shame but its only a dual coil build so i have had to learn micro coils and nano coils , been building 1mm and 2mm nano coils from 26 gauge kanthal  and coming in at 0.3ohms  well in keeping with the coolfires 0.3 cutoff and the ipowers 0.1 cutoff .

nice thing is the i power also does TC control and i can run stainless Ni and other wires to :)
coils have just been standard wraps , no fancy twisted - staple - claptons just straight n dirty stock coil builds ........ now down to 1mg nic strength to but vaping has somewhat got stale as im in the middle of saving for a new scoot/bike so i am trying to save pennys and cut down fully on vaping to but its a hard task as im still craving the nic hit but i am getting there slowly and sure 

What are people doing for juices shops taking the mick now.

I need to start weaning soon whats next after vapes gum or sprays? Plus a dry vape for night if i ever find a good deal i trust lol.

You shouldn't really need anything after vaping, you can just lower the nic level slowly :D 

As for juices, diy all the way :good:

Not got any experience with tanksize dry vapes but depending what you want it for there are ways of making things into juice form for use in normal tanks.

Edited by Ross9999992
  • Like 1

The alechemists cupboard is my local , hit them up on interweb. http://www.thealchemistscupboard.co.uk/

they do diy kits you get PV-VG , 5 choices of flavours, set of gloves a mixing tube and gizmos and 4-5 bottle of one shot nic. you add the nic to the measured PG/VG drop in the flavouring, give it a blooming good shake around and your done. the nic level is 3mg.
i got a cheapy 60ml  3mg nic diy kit for 12 quid  grabbed the rosy apple choice and mixed it up very simple just adding the 10mg nic shot bottle to the 50ml premixed flavour base.

simpler way is buying teh nic shots and PG and flavouring from the cupboard, then head down to your local Boots chemist and grab a bottle of Value Health Glycerin B.P (200ml) it costs like £1.75p for 200ml and with the PG  the nic shots and the flavourings you can make upwards 250ml-300ml of e-juice , thats 8 x 30ml bottles should last you a very long time.

On 2017-5-26 at 17:54, .AJ. said:

My cheapo Vape88 mod pen vape thingy broke, so bought this to replace it 

A0B416D9-A1E6-473C-973D-D447AC756395_zps

How are you finding this?

I recently got a Smok Helmet and it's terrible. Spits, tastes burnt. I like the design but after trying it at different wattage and different juice, it doesn't get any better.  

3 minutes ago, mond said:

I recently got a Smok Helmet and it's terrible. Spits, tastes burnt. I like the design but after trying it at different wattage and different juice, it doesn't get any better.  

Its been brilliant so far used with the Juice I linked before, no spitting and still on my first coil after 1700 puffs at 40-55w 

On 1 June 2017 at 21:34, Tamiyacowboy said:

The alechemists cupboard is my local , hit them up on interweb. http://www.thealchemistscupboard.co.uk/

they do diy kits you get PV-VG , 5 choices of flavours, set of gloves a mixing tube and gizmos and 4-5 bottle of one shot nic. you add the nic to the measured PG/VG drop in the flavouring, give it a blooming good shake around and your done. the nic level is 3mg.
i got a cheapy 60ml  3mg nic diy kit for 12 quid  grabbed the rosy apple choice and mixed it up very simple just adding the 10mg nic shot bottle to the 50ml premixed flavour base.

simpler way is buying teh nic shots and PG and flavouring from the cupboard, then head down to your local Boots chemist and grab a bottle of Value Health Glycerin B.P (200ml) it costs like £1.75p for 200ml and with the PG  the nic shots and the flavourings you can make upwards 250ml-300ml of e-juice , thats 8 x 30ml bottles should last you a very long time.

TC, try the custard from them, it's like custard covered Angels having a cuddle party in your mouth, I've been using it for the last 8 months and still love it. 

I brought myself a new work vape.

Went with the smok stick v8 baby.

Vapes really well for a plug play set up.

Gave it a whirl with some custard that has been in my cupboard for months wow the flavour is lovely.

IMG_20170602_180339_zps7cc8co1m.jpg

been really hammering the rosey apple, its propper lush so much so the 60ml i got is nearly all gone , think i am going to get two rosey apple one at 3mg shot and the other at 0 shot then just adding both together to bring me down to 1.5mg a nice sweet spot. still vaping at 20w .

mod wise im more likely to bash the Ipower5000mah running the Goblin tank and the large capacity glass and tower. micro coils im getting better at made some 2mm micro coils 9 wraps of 26g kantahl and they came out at 0.47ohm . im tooting these at a cool 20w or 3.99v  thats dual coiled with skinny wicks.
the Crius tank keeps leaking from the bottom vents, im thinking its due to liquid drip down the air holes so i tend to pass the crius over and mosh on the goblin, being a 22mm base it fits lush on the mod. 

flavours, i treid custard and nearly puked i really cant stand that creamy taste its off putting but the rosey apple has this very very slight hint of custard creamyness but its palateble . gammuci has stopped making the absinth stuff i liked so im now just a apple freak , my strawberry juices are flavour less, i have boshed near on 7ml of flavourings to a single 30ml bottle and its still flavour less, i even supercut a 30ml bottle with an extra 40ml of vg and its still flavourless. worse thing is thats 150 ml of juice thats cost me 30 quid thats useless. i am in two minds to pour it down the toilet. 

need to grab a mini burner torch i want to get rid of all cancer stick stuff so that means clipper lighter to im using that to pre heat my coils so i can get the spring out of the coils and means less pre heating on the mods to get them nice and tight coiled and heating sweet. i found preheating and using tweezers to get coulds nice and tight together then installing and burning a couple times on the mod to set hotspots works better. 

the coolfire got modded up its now decked with a sweet chrome orange body wrap :) 

On 2/6/2017 at 08:41, mond said:

try pre-soak 

prep a coil, not sure how those coils are but if the have a spit guard flick it out and give the wicking a good few primes with juice , insert into the tank, then fill the tank BUT leave it to sit for around 10-15 mins so it can leach the rest of the wicking. then low watts, hit the fire button a couple times at say 20w ..... 

now leave it at 20w and take a toot, see how you go its gonna be a cold vape just a straight to lung draw . then leave a couple mins and prime toot it. then take a second fired toot see how it feels, then up the watts by one or two untill you get to that spot you like. my isub coils were like this until i worked out they vape best at 20w with a primer prep and a non fire dry toot followed by a fired toot then a second dry non fire toot. after that they came out a lot better, i think its due to the pre wicking on the coil before filling tank and then letting it sit to leach the reast of the wick.

heres what i found, higher the watts the more the spit and dry hits ( burnt coil)  ... lower the watts the less spit but a more cooler vape and no sign of dry hits 

if they make a RTA for the helmet i would maybe look into grabbing one of those and then making your own coils, if your not to sure on coil throwing give me a holler and i will knock up a few for you at the ohms you need ie if you want a sub ohm  0.5 coil settup i would throw dual coils each giving 1.0ohm so when in dual they pull down to 0.5 ohm sub coils . .... if you wanted a single coil i could throw you a few 26g 5 wind 0.5ohm coils .

i gotta say i been a convert to cotton bacon wicking its fantabulous stuff beats the old cotton wool balls hands down to

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

10 hours ago, Tamiyacowboy said:

Crius tank keeps leaking from the bottom vents

You need to be really careful that the wick isn't close enough to the air holes that the juice can siphon out, I have experience with 3 of these tanks and they all seem prone to dumping most of their juice out if not careful. Also be sure to close the juice holes when filling.

Not tried cotton bacon yet but I was tempted however when you can get 180 muji pads off china for under a tenner.....

....I've been wicking most of mine with a Scottish roll (ish) kinda thing, basically it's 2-3 times as much cotton as I had been using so holds loads of juice.

My drippers at least will never be wicked with a different method, it's actually amazing how many hits I can take without dripping again.

@mond You must have had a bad coil or simply burned it out imo mate, it happens to us all sometimes. Not sure if they do an rba for the Helmet but if they do then that might be a shout :) 

Wouldn't surprise me tbh, a couple of the prebuilt coils that came with mine and the wifes v8's needed actual fettling (had to take them to bits, snip and realign the legs and then reseat the rubber) before they would seal properly.

Edited by Ross9999992

Ive been using bargain booze juice for a week and day by day felt worse and worse getting worse and worse hits. I just been to totally wicked cos atleast i know that juice is ok. But think i would like to mix my own juice soon. Right now feel like i been vaping pure poison for a week. Felt put off last post but way past that now i just threw out 5 bottles some unopened. I might take them back tho. I know the store is dodgy i over heard the boss once back door vodka. Backdoor juice mayb. 

Ive cut right down tho. I keep losing my ecig i never did before i was glued to it. 

Edited by RCbutcher

yeah just the crius tank leaking, my little bargin buy UD goblin is killer, not had a single leak at all, bit fiddley having to use a screwdriver to fill with juice but its fantabulos , im gonna say its a super small build deck so for newbies its not ideal but its blooming good. 

crius i been using monster coils at 3mm and running like 6 wraps then stuffing them with  6mm cotton wicking and then cutting it down to fit juice ports.