• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's "The King Of Wraith's"

.AJ.

You've definitely given me some food for thought, my budget can't really stretch to a Tekin brushless motor & esc at the moment. For the price of the Tekin ROC motor alone, I could get a Tekin FXR brushed combo. I'll be setting the Wraith up more for crawling with a bit of trail running.

Cool, I'll have a look into metal gears too  :thumbsup:

Thanks aj, spot on advice, now I've seen axial gear sets (all I have ever used on my axials) but is there another company that makes them better?

And propshafts too I'm guessing? Again I use rc4wd punisher shafts or kit ones, anything new out there better?

Money is kinda no object, but would have to be over a longer length of time, can't afford all in one go. It was noj's kit built one and had loads of worthy upgrades fitted too, and it's one of the few cars I've had in the past and always wanted another decent one, I've got it!!!

But this eating motors business is becoming tiresome now.......

Any way, I'm sorry aj, I'll start a thread of my own to stop clogging yours up, thanks for the help though mate, it is very much appreciated. :good:

Hot Racing do a good gear set and it's the one spec'd in Supershaftys Bombproof trans, but I've got a RR idler and bottom gear and a HR drive gear, as for driveshafts MIP's are the best/toughest

Don't she look pretty naked :lol:2015-05-27%2017.34.30_zps8p7lp049.jpg

I'm still on the look out for a new look, think I may buy a cheap SCT shell and make up some funky side panels :)

Mmmmmmm,I would.

• Like 1

SCT have a short  low roof height  its possible the caged interior falls below the roofline

then the same problem i am running into , those huge shock hoops need to be hidden down lower.

or cut into the front bonnet sweep.

would need to be a three quarter length front cab and hood, the two rear quarters 

i think the rear quarter pannels would take some right mashing in on the rocks

so being two piece chop shop its more easy a repair/replacement ?

and i already researched wraith sct body hacks , did NOT find anything at all.

Been pondering the new shell/panels for the last few days and as money is tight at the moment I thought I would make use of what I had hanging around and after a couple hours this is what I've ended up with

20150529_224102_zpsfsa7ejzl.jpg

• Like 1

can you tuck that front panel behind like the others buddy. 

then maybe if you have some spare , do a hot water test and see if you can form some curves

to help it wrap round and cover the front of the chassis between shock and pan.

i like that white side sheet inside , and the bonnet sits nice and sweet , but that front side panel would kick arse if it swept round and formed some smooth curve ?

Maybe a wanted add for bust up free bodyshells :) 

one mans crashes makes another mans body panels 

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

I'm happy with the look, but the "triangles" will be cut from Lexan and painted to match the bonnet, the arch liners, roof panel and behind cage panels will all go the same colour, no idea on colours yet tho

Sunset yellow or the likes. something off key. 

maybe a baby light blue and white ( or cream) retro look 

or just chuck on a  salvidor dhali decal set

do a auto style rice paper airbrush trick, paint the outer lexan and treat it like an auto body

prime color clear- polish buff finish (pollish n buff use good old turtle wax n your dremel on low rpm and buffer pads)

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be taking a trip back to McDonald's next week to get a passenger :lol:

is ok for you posh KOH runners , i mean full body drivers lol.

us owners of poor man KOH's have to make do with a front half of

an upper torso and a dodge scaled head lol

• 4 weeks later...

i wish i didn't look at this now as i can see my new truck getting rather expensive! Looks spot on dude done a top notch job on it! :thumbsup:

• Like 2