• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your Buggy!

Is it finished yet?  :whistling:

Once I get the shell painted yes :) Going to break in new engine tomorrow (Hopefully).

Ran it last week at the track with the engine pictured and it went like the clappers :)

Once I get the shell painted yes :) Going to break in new engine tomorrow (Hopefully).

Ran it last week at the track with the engine pictured and it went like the clappers :)

Does it hover well? 

Now that's what I call complete! (Well ish, a shell helps lol)

On the serious side, that's a tasty looking buggy there MS  :thumbsup:

A few pics of mine after a couple of updates!

Hyper 8.5 track basher:

C2B0E49A-1AC5-4990-9C49-34DD9BCE8730_zps

2458F54E-885E-4BE7-A1F4-B792FD6FD7F0_zps

CB940383-B596-4B45-9F5C-513E92A29307_zps

47C10BB5-E489-4F0F-A971-501C9F67B584_zps

29B32949-0338-4B31-82DD-7C27C1BC7A71_zps

8231C01E-0A55-4A98-80BE-82F2E3B346CB_zps

Now with a Fastrax Enduro engine & pipe combo, Alturn Race servos, ST Pro shock towers, various carbon graphite chassis parts and ProLine Crimefighters :)

• Like 1

A few pics of mine after a couple of updates!

Hyper 8.5 track basher:

C2B0E49A-1AC5-4990-9C49-34DD9BCE8730_zps

2458F54E-885E-4BE7-A1F4-B792FD6FD7F0_zps

CB940383-B596-4B45-9F5C-513E92A29307_zps

47C10BB5-E489-4F0F-A971-501C9F67B584_zps

29B32949-0338-4B31-82DD-7C27C1BC7A71_zps

8231C01E-0A55-4A98-80BE-82F2E3B346CB_zps

Now with a Fastrax Enduro engine & pipe combo, Alturn Race servos, ST Pro shock towers, various carbon graphite chassis parts and ProLine Crimefighters :)

Hows the enduro going? :)

Very good, only had about 8 tanks since break in but she's got bags of power! Love the pipe aswell, she sounds beastly! :)

• 2 weeks later...

@MugenSeiki

Welcome to the Agama club pal! Do you plan on racing with it?

I have a few things I'd like to mention on your build. I take it you're using a fuel filter and fuel cooler from the looks of the pictures, if you notice the car cutting out frequently then try shortening the fuel-line to accommodate the extra length of the filters. They're long and therefore your fuel pressure will go down...

Personally, I don't use a fuel filter since the fuel-tank already has one incorporated with the cork-floater inside. Also fuel coolers are... Negligible - just extra weight if you ask me...

Also, I'd recommend reinforcing the wing with metal spacers and screw washers - the wings on these cars are a little weak to impacts, you'll found out I'm sure!

Here's my race set-up - DX3R + Agama A8 Evo Fr CUP Edition (Custom mills + Graphite)

CLBUG.jpg

CLFRBUG.jpg

CLTPBUG.jpg

Unfortunately low-light photography is not my phone's forte - but you get the picture...

Engine is a Novarossi PLUS-4BTT (Ceramic), the car has also heavily been hopped up for weight improvements.

@MugenSeiki

Welcome to the Agama club pal! Do you plan on racing with it?

I have a few things I'd like to mention on your build. I take it you're using a fuel filter and fuel cooler from the looks of the pictures, if you notice the car cutting out frequently then try shortening the fuel-line to accommodate the extra length of the filters. They're long and therefore your fuel pressure will go down...

Personally, I don't use a fuel filter since the fuel-tank already has one incorporated with the cork-floater inside. Also fuel coolers are... Negligible - just extra weight if you ask me...

Also, I'd recommend reinforcing the wing with metal spacers and screw washers - the wings on these cars are a little weak to impacts, you'll found out I'm sure!

Here's my race set-up - DX3R + Agama A8 Evo Fr CUP Edition (Custom mills + Graphite)

CLBUG.jpg

CLFRBUG.jpg

CLTPBUG.jpg

Unfortunately low-light photography is not my phone's forte - but you get the picture...

Engine is a Novarossi PLUS-4BTT (Ceramic), the car has also heavily been hopped up for weight improvements.

Hi mate, I did plan on racing but with they way things are going I have not had the time to use this at all since my last pics. Im not running the fuel filter anymore but still run a fair bit of tubing so the engine does not starve if it ends up upside down :P The I use the cooler simply for looks, I like a bit of alloy bling :P Heard about the wings on these but I have to say so far I have not had an issue, unlike my truggy this seems to stay right side up a bit more often lol.

Nice car btw :)

• 2 weeks later...

New addition. Looked at one when they were on offer 12 months or more ago. Then saw this on ebay and chanced it. 

an Ansmann X8e with a whole bunch of spares and a new clear uncut shell. :)  (I have a Team C T8e from another job lot bought as a project so plenty of choice/spares)

Spec:

came with:

- Xerun 150

- hobbywing 4168 2250kv motor

- Savox 1258

It takes pairs of batteries, so 2S each side. 

Bit of slop in the front wheels, not sure what is the car, kit, bits, way it was built, etc. Needs  more tinkering.

IMG_2248_zps65c33688.jpg

View from the front. Limited space for the motor. this one is 68mm can. a 74 might fit but nothing longer.#

IMG_2246_zpsbc0e3bd0.jpg

This is my first 1/8th buggy.

Really pleased with a few things - like

- how well it turns. My truggy and monster truck are like oil tankers compared to this kart like turning. Not something for long grass though.

- motor mount is nice too - you fix the motor first, then adjust the mesh separately. I wonder if it would fit other chassis?

anyone else have a Team C T8 or Ansmann X8?

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my nearly finished Procat just a little tidying required

267AC09C-C475-440F-863E-BB6EA663D9B1_zps

2A73A7B0-E1BE-443F-80EB-5AD5F7E0F9B5_zps

B1D74973-A9A5-4674-8702-A276EE14A91D_zps

Spec includes:

MMS complete alloy rear heat sink gearbox with wasp rear drum, alloy diff outputs, ceramic balls and B-Fast diff lube.

Atomic Carbon 4mm Rear shock tower and Bosscat camber link.

High torque rear drive belts and 6mm main belt conversion.

Bosscat rear wishbones and hub carriers

Alloy rear roller driveshafts

GRP chassis

GPM alloy top deck

Schumacher small boar shocks

Team tanaplan front shock towers and front camber adjusters

Custom made ball raced steering conversion using SX3 Alloy bell cranks.

GPM Alloy front gearbox.

Custom made alloy front diff hangers.

Procat overdrive front pulley with custom made carbon fiber pulley fences and ceramic balls.

Speedpassion GT2 Pro Esc

Speedpassion 5.5t motor

Team orion servo

Spectrum micro reciver

MRT ptx transponder