• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

losi desert buggy

the watchman

I won't be getting one, mainly because I can't afford one... I'll be buying plenty of beers to read Jons brushless conversion thread with interest though.

People keep saying why go with a 23cc engine, to me on the video it looked fine for power, it keeps the costs down and with the weight loss, it's not going to be any slower than the 5ive with the 26cc.

Although to be fair, for the most part I do agree, for what Horizon will pay for their engines, it wouldn't have put the price up at all to stick the 26cc lump in there.

Most people upgrade engines anyway.

On the videos even the 5ive looked like it was super fast. My 5ive with the Samba pipe is fast enough and I don't see the point in upgrading.

Depends on what your previous rc's have been imho, i personaly think the losi is crap slow out of the box, a well set up 26cc baja will kick its ass in terms of top speed, the losi is way undergeared and way under powered for a

Why would you compare a Baja vs a 5ive top speed? That's just a stupid comment, they're not in the same league.

Of course a Baja would beat it, it weighs less, has a much less drag drivetrain and dare I say it... Is more aero? :whistling:

If you want speed, do an insane Losi 8ight T conversion, you'd get something ridiculous for the same money.

Also, I don't think anyone actually paid

Why is that a stupid comparison, im comparing one 1/5 scale vehicle against another 1/5 scale vehicle, the losi and the baja are probably the most popular 1/5 scales out at the moment so why is it stupid to compare them?i wanted a losi thats why i bought one, but i want it to be faster and have more power, dont most want there rc's to be faster? Thats why we all fit bigger engines and upgrades etc to them, yes? I really liked the look of a losi 5ive but was disapointed with it out the box, i drive mostly on big open areas and the top speed of a losi 5ive imo sucks, but im not going to give up on it that easy i want a fast losi 5ive and whats wrong with that, i merely stated that a baja is faster out the box and it seems to me like you agree, i prefer the losi to baja because its easier to work on strip/clean/rebuild but i want it to be quicker/faster than a standard baja.

If you can't see what's wrong with comparing two completely different RCs standard speeds out of the box and giving a -1 to one of them simply because it's slower, then I can't help you :lol:

thats like comparing a 1/1 scale car, say a ford fiesta against a range rover, both fitted with a 1.6 litre engine

Exactly this.

It does look great, but I question the strength of it.

Its a rebadged car.

They should just make a buggy verison of the 5ive t.

like a baja. 5b, 5t.

5ive B conversion kit ;)

That's all that's needed, but it's a lot of money overall.

See what you're saying about the 45degree th/br linkage but looks like you could turn servo around and mod the linkages? More interested in what looks like another linkage bar on that same servo going to rear of the car? What's that for?

Rear brakes ass its got dual brakes

What is this new losi rebadged from?

So is it a Losi or something made by some else in a non losi factory with a losi sticker on it?

Bit like a km baja looks like a real baja but has never seen the inside of a HPI factory.... Do ya get me?

So is it a Losi or something made by some else in a non losi factory with a losi sticker on it?

Bit like a km baja looks like a real baja but has never seen the inside of a HPI factory.... Do ya get me?

That's basically what re-badging is yes.

I imagine it's Losi worthy though otherwise they wouldn't be selling it with their name on.

They're more than capable of making their own.

Er, hang on....this is not a Losi original like the 5ive, but a rebadged Red Cat??

No, no, no. Totally unacceptable. Looking at this in a different light now, especially as the rebadge has added about $200 to the price, no doubt...