• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

losi desert buggy

the watchman

Likely as not me, for a bl conversion with immediate effect. Looks really nice, needs more power and the kind of love only I can give it  :tease:  Hoping it is light enough to run the CC set up....time will tell... :whistling:

apologies was a quick/dirty reply as i was going hypo :tease:

Losi say they've kept the cost in mind and you see where they have, way too many plastic parts for my liking:

j27-buggy-xl-11.jpg

really a 23cc - they could have quite happily gone with the 26cc and remarketed the 5ive with a (say) 28.5cc or 29cc

j27-buggy-xl-09.jpg

ok, whats going on here:

j27-buggy-xl-08.jpg

45 deg angle for the throttle, exhaust gas all over the servo...

Looks nice, but i'll stick with my 5ive :hahadance:

• Like 1

hmmm, but it won't be long before ally shock towers, top plates and braces will be available...

Driveshafts look a touch weedy, although the UJ design is nice...

Not keen on all this 'dynamite' branded stuff on the market now (thanks Horizon), awful logo, looks cheap and frankly, dynamite as an actual product has a very short life indeed.....

• Like 2

@ oodboo don't forget this comes with radio gear and the 5ive you mention doesn't

2 channel tx though, that'll have be replaced if you want to run a remote killswitch. And I guess even spektrum branded stuff is pretty cheap for oems to include. Same tx that comes with the

Yeah I see it now loool :-/

Think ppl spend on any rc that's new mate, some more then other brands?

This comes with a 4channel rx but why 4channels?

They've obviously cut some corners to keep costs down and I'd still buy a used losi 5ive that's in ok condition over this if the used 5ive was under this price range. But I do like the look of it. Be interesting to hear all the reviews once ppl get it ;-)

Cool its good to see another petrol from losi I remember seeing an advert months ago it was nameless with all brand logos over it I wonder if this is that? 

They was calling it the losi 5t clone back then im sure dynamite was confirmed for it I wish I knew where to look and check.

A new petrol is always welcome ill look forward to reading up on it even tho i doubt ill have one anytime soon. 

Edit 

I just looked and it looks great like a giant exo terra will losi 5 owners be able to dress theirs up like this. Will losi sell fenders later like the penta i wonder. I cant wait to see this take over if it does.

Wheres hpi and that octane lol losi have released something out of knowhere and hpi god only knows.

Edited by RCbutcher

Cool its good to see another petrol from losi I remember seeing an advert months ago it was nameless with all brand logos over it I wonder if this is that? 

They was calling it the losi 5t clone back then im sure dynamite was confirmed for it I wish I knew where to look and check.

A new petrol is always welcome ill look forward to reading up on it even tho i doubt ill have one anytime soon.

Here...

http://largescalenews.com/2013/03/all-new-4wd-15-scale-coming-soon-whos-is-it/

Some great opinions lads and some very very good points, i didnt even pick up on the servo under the pipe eeerrww thats not good is it, i like the look of it though it looks wicked, although i do prefer my 5ive and as some one pointed out for a little more dosh a 5ive can be had instead, i hope that body will fit my 5ive that would be great, the cage part certainly looks very simlar in desighn, im not going to buy one new though, ill sit back and wait for the second hand ones to start apearing then ill consider one.

This car is not actually manufactured or designed by Losi. It is a rebadged car. I am not sure that it is up to the usual Losi quality. I guess we will see how good it is once it gets in peoples hands. 

I don't think anything from the 5ive will fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

The wheels and tires are the only thing that can be swapped. 

It looks very much like a clone model to me i cant see the usual Losi quality anywhere on it!

Is this losi's attempt to sell re-branded cheap 1/5's for a fortune like HPI do with the maverick blackouts ????    Hope not !

Edited by tomr

Interesting comments! Am seriously thinking of getting into petrol 1/5th (currently running Nitro's) when I saw this I thought it might be a good starter. I'll think I'll wait until the reviews get out there... Was also surprised at the small engine size :shockingscary::huh: