• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma M48S 1/8th series

-BEZ-

Carisma-M48S-Porsche-959-1.jpg

Carisma introduce their new M48S series of 1/8th electric rally chassis. First up is this stunning Dakar Rally Porisch 959 that builds on a stamped metal chassis with 4WD shaft-driven drivetrain, all-metal gear differentials, oil-filled shock absorbers, 540-size brushless motor and waterproof controller. The steering servo and receiver box are also waterproof. The car comes fully assembled with high-traction rubber tyres and a pre-finished Porsche 959 body shell as well as a 2.4GHz radio system.

Carisma-M48S-Porsche-959-2.jpg

Link: Area52  [source: Carisma website]

Didn't see this coming!!

Let's see more Group B Rally cars.

S4, 205T16, 6R4, RS200 ....

Great stuff!!

Someone test it and give the heads up soon please!!

Al.

Imagine that as an RC race! With power to match would be insane. :)

540 motor? umm

Edited by Dom C

What scale is this? I know it says 1/8, but CML distribution has the shell listed as a 190mm http://cmldistribution-uk.shptron.com/p/carisma-m48s-porsche-959-clear-body-shell?pp=20 and it has a 540 motor. If it is truly 1/8 though I will DEFINITELY be looking to get one of these, I really hope the quality is there  

Edited by danny boy

That's got to be a typo - or incorrectly categorised.

If its really 1/8, then it would have to be wider than 180mm.

The idea of a 540 motor is perhaps a little wanting, and particularly of a high performance - in real life - car. Legendary actually!!

Al.

Looking at the chassis its being called a 1/8th because its bigger than a 1/10 TC. TC's are a little smaller than 1/10th buggys but that chassis looks to be somewhere between a 1/10th buggy and a SC truck.

The usage of a 540 motor does make some sense - 1/10th 2S electrics are a lot cheaper than 1/8th 4S ones and in theory this chassis doesn't need a full 1/8th setup anyway. However I agree that out of the box performance won't be stunning but remember this is a scale model so unrealistic speeds aren't required.

i don't see why people have reservations about a 540 motor.

Have you all forgotten the HPI WR8 is a 1/8th rally car, and that thing flies on its 540 motor with 3s in and is pretty quick with just 2s.

This looks to me like a competitor for the WR8 and i say great,i love my WR8 but wish there were more similar size / spec cars about to get some races on with.

• Like 1

Have you all forgotten the HPI WR8 is a 1/8th rally car, and that thing flies on its 540 motor with 3s in and is pretty quick with just 2s.

This looks to me like a competitor for the WR8 and i say great,i love my WR8 but wish there were more similar size / spec cars about to get some races on with.

Depends what 540 it is really. If it's just a standard 2 pole job on 2s it won't have much umph but some of the 4 poles motors are mad. The 4000kv 4 pole ez run I had in my EXO was nutty even on 2s, 3s would have been insane! 

This thing isn't going to be any heavier than a 1/10th buggy and they have plenty of 'umph' with a 2 pole 540 sized motor. But it does need to be a good one - which the one supplied won't be.

• Like 1