• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Mammuthworks 1/3 Scale Final Prototype Build Has Begun!

racespecs

Whole bigger is better, I'm not sure how practical this will be as at least with a one fifth you can throw it in the car and drive to a. Field to rag it around, I Kean were would you use this, and how would you transport it short of a van or trailer, however it lookeps might fun, but its not a model any more as its too big, when something is the size you could sit on and ride JTS really just a very small car with radio gear!

Like those sit on cars for kids or many a quad bike.

Only you can't ride this one....so while I don't think IRS gonna be for the everyday hobbiest....I think it ewill have a place just like rc turbine jets are not something everyone can really own...god I don't want to know how much this costs, but I defiantly won't pass up a chance to use one if it ever arises...and I like how its got all the advanced features of a 1/1 like ABS ect....everything but air bags and a kitench sink!

So well done for inflation and I'm sure the rich kids / people mad about the hoby will love this...me I don't think I could own one evening I had the money or space...I mean I have no were to use one.

What do you guys think? I like it but can't we it being practical I think 1/4 scale is large enuf!

How long til a running prototype? Keen to see one running.

Any word on engine size? Weight? It's gotta be close to 30 kilos? If it is that heavy, what about it's survivability in a crash or tumble?

Want! End of. Who cares about where you'd run it, it'd be fun anywhere, especially if it's fast and agile!

How long til a running prototype? Keen to see one running.

Any word on engine size? Weight? It's gotta be close to 30 kilos? If it is that heavy, what about it's survivability in a crash or tumble?

Want! End of. Who cares about where you'd run it, it'd be fun anywhere, especially if it's fast and agile!

on their site it says

125cc 4 stroke

SEVENTY kg

price, $5000 for basic, and i think it was $18,000 for highest end

imagine the customs invoice

They need to build something that is more effective than the 'Quad Bike' converted to RC efforts that you see on YouTube. If I had $5K and a trailer, I would buy a largescale RC tank....

I know the build quality on this is decent, and I am sure the thing will be fun for the rich few who can afford it.... but it has to deliver in terms of performance and handling and not just rely on being BIG

They need to build something that is more effective than the 'Quad Bike' converted to RC efforts that you see on YouTube. If I had $5K and a trailer, I would buy a largescale RC tank....

I know the build quality on this is decent, and I am sure the thing will be fun for the rich few who can afford it.... but it has to deliver in terms of performance and handling and not just rely on being BIG

I think that's what they're aiming for though isn't it really.

Like turning up at a bash/race with a trailer and your RC practically the size of it.... Personally I wouldn't be impressed, I'd just think to myself 'you're going to use a crap load of petrol, have no control and generally look a right t*thead'

I'm with you on this one, it'd either be a very large scale tank... O failing that a 1:1 Rage buggy.

All of these comments appear quite damning.

I've been reading through the development threads and you could see their enthusiasm.

I don't disagree with the comments, but I do think it admirable that somebody would actually TRY something like this.

Why?

Because they can, I suppose.

It's borderline a ride on for smaller, not-too-young children - perhaps an off-road course alongside some karting  tracks?

Reading through the engineering problems they encountered and resolved along the way shows their resolve and enthusiasm.

It is true that, my joking aside earlier on, it is pretty damned big and doubtless heavy, so will require a custom trailer / winch system for loading / offloading, adding more 'considerations' into the mix.

Personally, unless I have a substantial 'windfall', I cannot possibly do anything other than read the threads, but I think its great that there are people prepared to take on projects like this still.

Al.

All of these comments appear quite damning.

I've been reading through the development threads and you could see their enthusiasm.

I don't disagree with the comments, but I do think it admirable that somebody would actually TRY something like this.

Why?

Because they can, I suppose.

It's borderline a ride on for smaller, not-too-young children - perhaps an off-road course alongside some karting tracks?

Reading through the engineering problems they encountered and resolved along the way shows their resolve and enthusiasm.

It is true that, my joking aside earlier on, it is pretty damned big and doubtless heavy, so will require a custom trailer / winch system for loading / offloading, adding more 'considerations' into the mix.

Personally, unless I have a substantial 'windfall', I cannot possibly do anything other than read the threads, but I think its great that there are people prepared to take on projects like this still.

Al.

I do agree with you, but why on earth would anyone design a chassis/wheelbase combo like this one? It's far too tall AND far too narrow! Look at the 5ive, low, wide and squat, near perfection in my book.

I do wish them the best with this, but I think a rethink is needed for layout/style. Lower it and widen it for a start.

i think losi done it right with going short course, and personally i think thats what they should do with this, the idea sounds awesome,people moan at the baja for the noise, so the sound of a 125cc with the tuned pipes ect will be over kill, 70kg, thats not that bad, considering the size ect ect, some awesome features on it, but its the chassis layout thats a no go for me

The deep throatyness of a 4 stroke rumbles over the fields here, you should hear the crossers lol, drown out any Baja

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Not a proper crosser if it's a 4 stroke (my opinion)... 4 strokes are more super moto, 2 strokes are a proper moto cross bike.

If you couldn't tell, I love moto cross bikes :lol:

As for crazy projects of I get a windfall...I'm making a petrol quadcopter! I know it sounds impossible but if you hooked up a flight controller to servos not motors then the servos to engines....or somin lie that...imagine how awesome it would be....properly fly like rubbish though as won't have the instant power of a electric motor wpbut would likely fly...

As for crazy projects of I get a windfall...I'm making a petrol quadcopter! I know it sounds impossible but if you hooked up a flight controller to servos not motors then the servos to engines....or somin lie that...imagine how awesome it would be....properly fly like rubbish though as won't have the instant power of a electric motor wpbut would likely fly...

A proper petrol motor if it span to the same RPM as an electric motor would easily have the instant power.

A 28.5cc 2 stroke can go from a standing start to flat out in a tiny amount of time, and that's hauling a Baja along for the ride.

I still think the idea is daft though :lol:

To be honest, if I ever had a serious windfall, like a lottery win, I'd probably buy one of those Mammuth things, just for the sake of it, it doesn't matter if it falls over and breaks stuff, if you've got millions in the bank you can afford to fix it.

Plus I'd be spending far too much time on my own track with my 5ive to care about what it was doing :lol: it'd be every con you can think of with one pro... "I own it"