• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Post up a random picture and keep it clean please

wangerman69

10 hours ago, autobutcher said:

As a stonemason this makes me weep, beautiful but bugger actually building it!

Yes it was impressive. 

We were trying to work out if it's in sections or individual slates stacked.

Couldn't see how deep it goes, I don't think it is just a facia though.

I wonder if it originally was large blocks of uncut slate which over time has eroded by the sea to appear like thin slate tiles.

Could not see any sign of joins at all, there was one faint diagonal line but could just have been the eyes imagining it.

11 hours ago, oodboo said:

I went to see some bike racing, had over 4000 photos to sort through and still not finished.

DSC02072.thumb.jpg.ce0c3d99690138af006d75a92da9a7aa.jpg

DSC02377.thumb.jpg.c10e89157486c9637fb7060f83c1969a.jpg

Is that Oliver's Mount?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JonnyUK said:

Yes it was impressive. 

We were trying to work out if it's in sections or individual slates stacked.

Couldn't see how deep it goes, I don't think it is just a facia though.

I wonder if it originally was large blocks of uncut slate which over time has eroded by the sea to appear like thin slate tiles.

Could not see any sign of joins at all, there was one faint diagonal line but could just have been the eyes imagining it.

When we do walls like that here in darkest Devon it’s usually individual stones, we don’t use slate like that but similar structured stone, backfilled with mortar at the back of the wall to bind it, looks good but a lot of maintenance for the owner.

My new job takes me up to the Aerohub at Newquay airport on a daily basis, which happens to be right next to the new Spaceport which is home to the first satellite launch in a couple of weeks. One of my regular drops looks right over the apron behind that hangar and got pretty close to a pretty special 747 the other day - the plane launching the rocket - aka - Cosmic Girl, and a day later, another 747, this one was carrying the rocket and satellite.

DCDDAAF1-F9B8-4AA3-9AC5-86706A5B1BB0.jpeg

• Like 3