• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

what grinds your gears(alittle rant thread)

jonnotheone

what grinds me today.........

receiving an email at 10:30pm to say lecture start time has changed from 10:30am to 2pm because 1)she was in court (she is a visiting lecturer who is a full time solicitor) and 2)she forgot to tell us during last weeks lecture, well thanks for the warning I'm having to miss the lecture because I couldn't arrange alternative afterschool care for my children in that short space of time :36_11_13[1]:

As for the previous comments regarding the speed limit I would like to draw your attention to this website http://www.driving-test-success.com/driving-articles/speed-limits.htm and the following few paragraphs -

You should always keep your speed below the maximum speed limit for the road you are driving on. Although you are not legally obliged to drive at the maximum speed limit, if it is safe to do, you should try and drive at a speed that at least approaches it, for instance, in a 40mph zone your speed should be between 35 and 40mph.

Driving too slowly can be as dangerous as driving too fast. The driver who toddles along a 60mph road at 40mph causes tailbacks and frustration. This can lead to dangerous overtaking manoeuvres and other road safety issues.

Speed in itself is not that dangerous, inappropriate speed is. Always take into account the weather and road conditions. Driving at 60mph, even though you are legally entitled to do so, when there is ice on the road is dangerous and inappropriate, as is driving at 40mph on a dual carriageway when the weather is fine.

Hopefully this should be enough to settle that argument and let us all get back to ranting about crap again lol

• Like 1

Increased postage charges   :sly:

Cyclist on the by pass when they have a perfectly good cycle path next to it.

Thats me that is but j dont toddle along lol Ive even had 2 speed tickets in 40mph zones :-)

I'm talking doing 30ish on a busy bypass whne limit is 60.

they don't pay road tax so they shouldn't use the roads.

in Switzerland, cyclists must display road tax as must any road going vehicle.

no such thing as road tax here anymore. council tax should go towards road upkeep.

She started acceleratin when she saw that I was gonna overtake. If she wants to pootle at 30 in a 60, thats her perogative. BUT as I posted ,she deliberatley blocked me out . There was plenty of room when I started overtakin, it just nearly ran out when she blocked me out :/

she did that because you threw a handful of sodding change at her car mate. would think you would have worked that out by now.

you must be one of the stupidest people I've ever come across.

In regards to my sandwich short of  a picnic comment earlier, I take it back, because you're missing the flask of coffee and the potato salad as well.

30 in a 30 limit, in heavy traffic, at rush hour, with an 8 month old in the car. Ooh & the misses was drivin. If I was drivin with no one else in the car I'd just brace myself & stand on the brakes :) . I threw loose change at some ars****e who was doin 30 in a 60 limit ,then the dozy cow stood on the accelerator when I over took. She blocked me off the left side of the road, when there was traffic comin the other way, & her stooooopid mate wouldn't let me back in either :/

She started acceleratin when she saw that I was gonna overtake. If she wants to pootle at 30 in a 60, thats her perogative. BUT as I posted ,she deliberatley blocked me out . There was plenty of room when I started overtakin, it just nearly ran out when she blocked me out :/

you lobbed change at her, then over took her. what the hell did you think she was going to do, say sorry and let you in?

its incredible how deluded and thick some people on this forum are. how theyre entrusted with a computer let alone a ton and a half of car is beyond me,

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but overtaking when another car is coming head on is just plain stupid, I can't even drive and people like you are making me not want to.

Perhaps if cyclists contributed a little some of the potholes would be fixed....

It's difficult to track bicycles though, there are probably far more of them in god knows what state of disrepair which would probably still have to be taxed even if you want to just go down a canal. Plus, with the amount that car drivers contribute anyway, it seems pretty clear to me that councils/the government have better things to do with road tax money unfortunately.

It's difficult to track bicycles though, there are probably far more of them in god knows what state of disrepair which would probably still have to be taxed even if you want to just go down a canal. Plus, with the amount that car drivers contribute anyway, it seems pretty clear to me that councils/the government have better things to do with road tax money unfortunately.

there is no road tax though its vehicle excise duty its not specifically for the roads thats up to the council 

its vehicle excise duty its not specifically for the roads thats up to the council 

Thank you. Council highways departments are not directly linked to VED.

If anyone wants someone to blame for the state of the roads, blame the idiots who are selling off the Highways Departments to independant contractors, then slashing the budgets they agreed to.

On a related note, the new scheme of turning off the street lighting on fast A roads to "cut carbon emissions" is a complete joke and I'm sure will be scrapped as soon as it causes an accident.

Women who drive whilst on the phone and paying no attention to the toddler in the back of the car who is NOT strapped in to a car seat.