• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

32 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

You have done proud on that one matey, it proper looks ace mate, top job

Thanks a lot mate 👍🏻
I think it needs some wider hex’s to bring the wheels right up to the arches just to finish it off, I’ll see what’s in my spares tomorrow 

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I’ve taken the plunge and got hold of the CEN Puma bodyshell to fit my WR8 flux. 

IMG_6420.thumb.jpeg.47dcf1c27a5fae22147c652428ab227e.jpeg

Had bought the Subaru shell but never got round to sorting the body mounts so that’s going on eBay now plus the gold wheels. 

Shell seems pretty robust, I was concerned it would be flimsy like some of the cheap shells I bought for my now sold RS4-Sport but seems decent. Is supplied with graphics and body furniture but not fitted. 

Reviews of the CEN car flagged issues with the bodyshell fouling/tucking under the rear wheels so need to check what the fix is for that and sort body mounts etc.

Sorry this won’t be a quick job for me but hope to post updates when I’ve finally got round to it. 

• Like 1

On 20/10/2023 at 21:50, troy45 said:

I’ve taken the plunge and got hold of the CEN Puma bodyshell to fit my WR8 flux. 

IMG_6420.thumb.jpeg.47dcf1c27a5fae22147c652428ab227e.jpeg

Had bought the Subaru shell but never got round to sorting the body mounts so that’s going on eBay now plus the gold wheels. 

Shell seems pretty robust, I was concerned it would be flimsy like some of the cheap shells I bought for my now sold RS4-Sport but seems decent. Is supplied with graphics and body furniture but not fitted. 

Reviews of the CEN car flagged issues with the bodyshell fouling/tucking under the rear wheels so need to check what the fix is for that and sort body mounts etc.

Sorry this won’t be a quick job for me but hope to post updates when I’ve finally got round to it. 

Bodyshel fouling under rear wheels was caused by body posts flexing not by body itself, CEN now including like rear bumper/body support as a fix.

Nice to see there's no body posts holes drilled (I couldn't tell from Modelsport pictures) . looks good 👍

7 hours ago, Douge one said:

Bodyshel fouling under rear wheels was caused by body posts flexing not by body itself, CEN now including like rear bumper/body support as a fix.

Nice to see there's no body posts holes drilled (I couldn't tell from Modelsport pictures) . looks good 👍

Thanks - I found a YouTube video showing the extra body bumper fitted to the CEN car,  though maybe missed if they said the root cause was the body mounts flexing. Will bear that in mind once I get into the job more. The CEN bodyshell does have some holes pre-cut near the rear window area but l expect this is for mounting the rear spoiler etc

• Like 1

On 22/10/2023 at 18:58, troy45 said:

Thanks - I found a YouTube video showing the extra body bumper fitted to the CEN car,  though maybe missed if they said the root cause was the body mounts flexing. Will bear that in mind once I get into the job more. The CEN bodyshell does have some holes pre-cut near the rear window area but l expect this is for mounting the rear spoiler etc

I've noticed them holes, they will be for side vents and mirrors, I don't see from this angle but probably rear wing aswell?  I think RC driver was first to notice trimming body won't fix it 

Screenshot_20230822-203259.jpg

• Like 1

I’ve not watched that YouTube video but the picture shows pretty clear what’s going on there. Never had similar with all the west and rear on my WR8’s so the HPI body mounts may eliminate the need for extra bumper etc in any case

Small update, halfway through sorting body holes - something I’ve only done once before  (on a cheap shell) and didn’t quite get right. 

IMG_6470.thumb.jpeg.bcdb2eae3fe954ad1ffb2eee600ad8e9.jpegIMG_6471.thumb.jpeg.0826283681faf518aa04607c8b4cb4ca.jpeg

Having to play around with body mounts to get it looking right - compared to my Fiesta WRC shells would say have gone lower at the rear and need taller ones at the front.

One major hiccup avoided as reaming the rear holes I could see an external layer starting to lift. Hadn’t noticed the shell has a full clear film on it - handy I spotted before fitting the graphics 😳

• Like 2