• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Toughest RTR?, Poll now added everyone please vote.

DazzaClio

Toughest RTR.  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Vote which you think is the toughest.

• Hyper 7 / 8
    • Slash 4x4
    • Firestorm / Blitz
    • Hong Nor X1X Cr
    • Losi 8ight
    • Savage
    • Savage Xs
    • Vorza

As title what do you think is the toughest RTR out of the box Rc car nitro or electric?

Thanks.

Edit:

Right the cars which have been mentioned three or more times in the thread have been put in to the poll.

Everyone please vote :thumbsup:.

Thanks.

Edited by DazzaClio

It's like how long is a piece of string!!

Traxxas Stampede, MERV, E-/T-Maxx, Revo all deserve credit from my experiences.

Losi LST of all sizes are surprisingly robust - micro, not just the biggun, which is SOLID!

I've no experience of Savvies, but they're solid as well.

Can't help you with buggies or SC's either - ran out of space!!

If talking about on-road, that's a different matter.

All will fall to errors, abuse, whatever.

I wanted to put MERV - definitely the best 'out of the box' truck - but mine's on 3S LiPo.

If you don't watch where you're going at the speeds it can do on 3S it's toast - loads of front bits to check and probably replace.

One time I'd slowed by the tim it was airborne, off course, hitting the wooden fence bending a couple of front pillow balls - 'titanium' hopups - a hinge pin and an arm !!

Al.

Tamiya Mad Bull.

Made predominantly from a rubbery flexible plastic that bends and bounces back into shape after an impact, it must be one of the toughest RCs out there.

Hobao hyper's are bash and bomb proof especially with TBR bumpers the new hyper ss runs mainly hyper 7/8/ST parts (diffs and parts of the running gear and shock towers) so cheap to fix seen them jump 6ft ramps and land without so much as a scratch

1/5 wise the fg marder is strong as is the losi 5t

Like a lot of things if you look after it and treat it right it will last, if you bash it hard your find the weak points what you will either fix or upgrade

Both my hyper and Losi 8-T were very well built and tough RTR. But it has to go to the Hyper 7 as it's only had one chassis failure and that was only the end of a hinge pin meaning the E clip couldn't be secured back on(fixed with some spring steel and some nyloc nuts for