• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas Nitro Slash

racespecs

44054_ChadHord_3QTR_FRNT_m.jpg

Proven Slash performance. Legendary TRX-3.3 Power! As only Traxxas can, heavyweight horsepower is combined with a lightweight 2WD chassis to deliver astounding performance and over-the-top fun.

The award-winning TRX-3.3 engine gives the Nitro Slash tire-melting thrust that is far more than any driver needs

• Like 1

The man wants punching repeatedly in the face until he admits it sounds like a nitro motor..not a V8. He's American...surely he KNOWs what a V8 sounds like....

That annoyance aside...I actually quite like the look of this. It actually looks a lot like they have actrually made something not 100% derived from last years model here. Relatively light, 2WD and packing a decent sized motor. Shame it's the TRX 3.3 .... but I can imagine that thing with a Picco .26 in it....

Not sure about the plastic driveshafts, but if they last on a Revo, they will last on this. The only thing that will prevent me gettiong one of these will be the silly pricetag that will inevitably come attached to the box. I asm guessing they will hit it around the

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Someone in the Traxxas design department needs a slap....they really do.

Love the idea.....like hte design, was getting really enthusiastic about it, until I started to look at the details.

Puny old-spec servos which are not even waterproof. Given the total lack of side skirting on the chassis, I would think they should have either used decent ones or waterproof ones....or, dare I say it, both.

Then the fasteners. Phillips head. Traxxas do know that hex head hardware exists. It also tends to chew up less. But they have gone phillips head throughout.

It's like the truck was designed 10 years ago and has been in deep freeze ever since, just thawed out for us now.

Ahhh, I hear you say...but 'all RTRs come with rubbish servos' and 'you can always change the bolts....all RTR's come with blah blah'

Very true....and acceptable if Traxxas were retailing this at around

• Like 2

I was quite disappointed after Jang's video too. Traxxas used waterproof servos on the MMM Revo which wasn't waterproof but they didn't use waterproof servos on this? Stupid thinking. Phillips heads - old and strip. Stupid thinking. They also used THE MOST BASIC transmitter. Can't even be programmed with the buttons and knobs anymore!

Most people will say this is to save money etc. Yeah but as said above, it will still probably retail in the 320-370 range! Bonkers.

Someone in the Traxxas design department needs a slap....they really do.

Love the idea.....like hte design, was getting really enthusiastic about it, until I started to look at the details.

Puny old-spec servos which are not even waterproof. Given the total lack of side skirting on the chassis, I would think they should have either used decent ones or waterproof ones....or, dare I say it, both.

Then the fasteners. Phillips head. Traxxas do know that hex head hardware exists. It also tends to chew up less. But they have gone phillips head throughout.

It's like the truck was designed 10 years ago and has been in deep freeze ever since, just thawed out for us now.

Ahhh, I hear you say...but 'all RTRs come with rubbish servos' and 'you can always change the bolts....all RTR's come with blah blah'

Very true....and acceptable if Traxxas were retailing this at around

Indeed ... what you say is true.... but Traxxas are selling a far less complex car for the same money. HPI fit the same servos across the range....but Traxxas seem to have taken a backwards step. They have better servos in their stocks, but have chosen to downspec.

It would be understandable if they were keeping costs low and passing on that to the consumer....but you know that's not going to be the case, becuase Traxxas have never done that before. I mean...this is the company that bought up Hubsan X4's, rebranded them, added a spare battery and doubled the price....

If Traxxas sell this at the price I expect, it's going to be on a par price wise with the Savage, TT S50 etc. and there is a whole lot more engineering in those