• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya Lunchbox/Midnight Pumpkin Owners Club....

jason3249

Mtroniks are even easier to program than that:

Power it on (with your transmitter in the position you want neutral to be), press set button within 2 seconds of power-on.

Green light flashes.

Move your transmitter stick/trigger to full-forward position, then release.

Red light flashes.

Move your transmitter stick/trigger to full-reverse/brake position, then release

Green and red lights stay solid.

Done!

Mines being a pain in the arse, only getting a red light when I turn it on 90% of the time and when I've had it flashing to set it I've got the green light, red light no problem. Then it only goes forward so I set the reverse to on etc and it still doesn't play ball.

I get the bad feeling I need a new hand set controller :( Or it's not working with the acom receiver box.

Bloody thing would have been cheaper to buy brand new at this rate lol

I'm at a lose as I've tried switching channels, unplugging the battery etc etc

Sometimes I get the set up flashing light and it lets me add forward and reverse, sets itself but then reverse doesn't work so I go through the reverse turn off procedure and that just sends it into meltdown lol

The steering servo works fine and I bought a new receiver box and the manual is saying a constant red light on the esc when turned on is a signal problem. I tried swapping the wires around in the plug from the esc but that just stuck it in constant reverse.

How I wish Beatties was still open so I could let them sort it out ha ha

So you can get it programmed and running, but with no reverse?

This might seem obvious, but can I just point out that Mtroniks escs require you to double-tap and hold reverse on the stick, before reverse kicks in? That's because the first pull-back is simply to apply brakes.

Well that could be a solution as didn't know that. I did go through the brake setting part with the 4 flashing red lights procedure though that's supposed to turn all the brakes off but that did nothing. Will have another try tomorrow and hope it let's me into the setup stage again.

Thanks for your time by the way!

Not the tidiest of jobs, but it works, quick repair of my body mount for my Pumpkin. A small bit of plastic, 2 smalls holes, one self tapping screw, job done. Held up to a fair bit of abuse in the garden.

16351881750_520fe25fe1_k.jpgWP_20150215_008 by mick e 1188, on Flickr

16353076249_24acbd2490_k.jpgWP_20150215_007 by mick e 1188, on Flickr

16353079979_c380f4a216_k.jpgWP_20150215_006 by mick e 1188, on Flickr

• Like 2

Has anyone got a spare front shock??

my son smashed the front end down this afternoon and the bottom of the shock has sheared off where is bolts to the suspension arm..

I'd fork out for a new set but we've destroyed some drift wheels on our lancia, and have just spent t out on a new tx/rx!!

Just need one shock, or the bit that screws on the bottom.....

I put a cheap 3kilo carson servo in my son's car and it does well.

I've got an old Acoms in there, don't know the rating but I do find on level ground if I steer one way or the other at a standstill only the inside wheel seems to turn much. The other does turn a little but not much.  Turn it the other direction and it's the opposite if that makes sense?  I guess it's due to slack in the steering design but I wondered if it was the servo, or if there's a known mod to improve it?  I'm just running the stock plastic beige servo saver.

It's not a big issue since lunchy seems to just go whichever direction he feels like anyway!

Edited by Neil Robinson

Ok, at least it's not just mine then!

Is there a decent servo upgrade which might haul the tyres a bit better? I'm on a 15 year old servo that was previously controlling the MSC in my Tamiya buggy!

No idea. I use cheap servos in these kind of models. Trying to get them to handle well just seems pointless... and slightly missing the point!

Though for something cheap, yet well made, I've always liked these:

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/alturn-usa-standard-deluxe-ball-bearing-waterproof-servo/rc-car-products/371888

They don't turn quick, though.

Edited by Praet0r87

Hi Neil.

That's Normal. The turning circle on the Lunch Box is horrid.

ahhh not just me then.

I thought it was just because the front wheels are always in the air... no use for turning if there is air between tyre and ground...

Dairy herd. ;)

Yeh thats what i feared, realy wanted desert storm look, turned out bit ermitrude from magic roundabout never mind it'll need another respray very soon it spends most of its time on its back sliding uncontrollably.