• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Mini 8ight upgrades and hop-ups and meny more

Sheilstar12

I can only go as high as 14t pinion on this motor being a 6800kv it would cook if I went any higher but it performs great although it is like a switch with power it just comes in with a bang lol it is fun to drive thats for sure.

Si

• Like 1

Holes definitely help cooling but took a big jump into next doors plant pot and stripped the first ever spur ooooopppppsss,

Glad the neighbours where out lol

20140912_182745-1-1_zpsag48pldu.jpg

Si

• 4 weeks later...

Seeing as I was in the shed soldering I thought I would crack on with the spur gear, turns out the end of the motor can had popped off and the pinion had only just rounded the very very edge of the spur so popped the motor out and fixed the can it all meshed up perfectly without changing the spur.

Si

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking of splitting my mini8 to sell but not sure if it's worth it? Would anyone be interested in hobbywing 60amp esc, traxxas velineon motor, hitec 225 servo, carbon front and rear towers, carbon centre top chassis plate, alloy front hubs, alloy wheel hexs, vorza shock protectors, sway bars, t-bone bumpers front and rear for your mini8?

Thinking of splitting my mini8 to sell but not sure if it's worth it? Would anyone be interested in hobbywing 60amp esc, traxxas velineon motor, hitec 225 servo, carbon front and rear towers, carbon centre top chassis plate, alloy front hubs, alloy wheel hexs, vorza shock protectors, sway bars, t-bone bumpers front and rear for your mini8?

How much for the shock protectors?

Edited by boombox

Thinking of splitting my mini8 to sell but not sure if it's worth it? Would anyone be interested in hobbywing 60amp esc, traxxas velineon motor, hitec 225 servo, carbon front and rear towers, carbon centre top chassis plate, alloy front hubs, alloy wheel hexs, vorza shock protectors, sway bars, t-bone bumpers front and rear for your mini8?

Hi, I'd be interested in the esc and motor if you do think of doing it, assuming they would straight swap with the stock ones in my Mini 8ight T ?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I use those batteries, to fit you need to trim the front corners off of the battery holder and the raised screw hole from the side guard middle then they are a perfect fit

Si

Is this the biggest pack that fits the M8?

Any modding needed?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=26653

These fit much better

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=29023

And they do the same size pack in a 3s but has lower mah

It's what I ran in my m8t and they had plenty of power get 1 of each and see which you prefer !

I got a Mini 8ight off eBay took it out yesterday after half hour using it I noticed it sounded different had a look and one of the out drives had come out of the rear diff, I tried to take of the carbon top plate to start stripping it down the 2 screws that go through the motor mount are stuck in I ended up stripping the heads on both. Think the previous owner must have super glued them in. I've ordered new light weight outdrives is there a way (trick) to get them in without stripping the rear end and taking the diff apart. searched but cant find any how to videos I'm guessing at the moment how to strip the rear down.     

Edited by Fontie

• 1 month later...

Hi guys 

i dug out my mini8 this weekend & after running 8+ packs through it looks like i will be needing some new tyres soon, I'm sure this gets asked loads but I've been off the seen for a while are there any tyre/wheel combos other than the standard losi ones available yet? I'm mainly running on cut grass

Cheers

are there any exploded diagrams any where?

ok don't worry about this i managed to find 1 see link http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/LOS01004-PartsExplosion.pdf

Im looking to replace the stock screws as they are not the best quality I've seen a few SS screw kits available in the states but nothing over here has anyone replaced their screws or know of a list of the sizes & types needed?

Cheers

Edited by daymo

Just got a sway bar kit for my Mini 8ight and noticed on the back of the packet there's a warning "This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm" Surprised anyone would take these out of the packet after reading that. Are these being made in Chernobyl. I normally just rip the contents out of everything I buy I just happened to notice as I was finishing a cup of tea