• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Top Tips........what's yours?

Mr.Pie

The police NEVER think it's as funny as you do!!!

The Military Police just have no humour................................

You can always bend over and pick up nothing, have no idea what it means but my nan used to say it !

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Use Swarfega to clean your air filter foams, done it a couple of times now and it works really well, wash it as you wash your hands and then rinse it off, it gets rid of oil and grease, so your filter foams come amount almost like new, then just leave them to dry.

Doesnt Swarfega have grit like particles in to act as an abrasive? If so I'd avoid this like the plague as one stray grain coud equal a dead engine!

Top RC Tip's

1. remember your rc will travel past you faster than you can turn around. never drive your rc behind you cause it may crash into something while you are turning around :)

2. i know its been said but always tighten wheel nuts before bashing

Edited by itsme93

secure all receiver batteries properly before doing even a test run. the failsafe wont work if it has no power from the receiver. a mate of mine had his tnx off me just 2 days and managed to send it crashing through a first floor window of a luckly unused housing block. he was so keen on testing it out that he taped the receiver pack on and started running. the pack flew off shortly after and the car hit full throttle, travelled 100 yards up the road, hit a kerb, flew up 4 metres into the air and through the window on the first floor. the guy weighs well over 100kg and i swear he lost about half that when chasing it up the road!!!

• Like 2

Doesnt Swarfega have grit like particles in to act as an abrasive? If so I'd avoid this like the plague as one stray grain coud equal a dead engine!

Common misconception dude, the green goo that is swarfega doesn't have grit in it, it's just a formula for removing grease and goo, works well

a very quick tip

when you have finished cleaning you car/buggy/truck

wipe the body over with a paper towel sprayed with wd40

You will get a super shine and keeps residue to a minimum

• Like 1

The Military Police just have no humour................................

I ended up on the firing range in south wales when I was living in a tent, YES the military police have NO sense of humour :shockingscary:

I ended up on the firing range in south wales when I was living in a tent, YES the military police have NO sense of humour :shockingscary:

Castlemartin by any chance?

Castlemartin by any chance?

Not sure. But the guys in the landrovers with red wings weren't very accomodating . I thought they were gonna bury me on the mountain :/

Not sure. But the guys in the landrovers with red wings weren't very accomodating . I thought they were gonna bury me on the mountain :/

Ah, Paras then, big angry buggers.............angry, angry buggers......

tip 1, you dont know everything! be prepared to learn new stuff everyday!

tip 2, build manuals ARE worth having!!

tip 3, spent the most you can on each desired item, saves forking out again when you buy "cheap crap"

tip 4, make sure r/c is fun and not taken too seriously.

tip 5, be honest with the other half on how much things cost, they will end up finding out and the aftermath is far worse after a little white lie.....

#1 You usually do get what you pay for - cheap usually means crap.

#2 Always have spare e-clips, you will never catch them all.

#3 If you dont break an RC then your not having enough fun.

#4 Dont buy a 1:5 for your second RC car (i know this )

#4, why? it is what i did,