• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Your internet speeds!

Thatsliam

1926271385.png

pretty poor imo.

Does anyone find their speed reduces over time??

Ours was down at 0.4Mb/s, until we phoned up SKY. It magically jumped to 3 or 4Mb/s, while I was on the phone.... and now back below 2Mb/s/

Could be due to line errors. If Sky reset the line it'll get back to it's theoretical maximum but it learns over a period of time what's the maximum speed it can run at without causing packet collisions (or something). Speed will drop until a stable connection is established. If your router isn't plugged into your master socket and is on an extension somewhere else then this can cause it. I used to run the router off an extension upstairs and got about 2 meg and it dropped out loads. Changed to the master socket downstairs and it increased to 4 meg and was stable. The extension was obviously causing a lot of errors (poor grade cable possibly).

• 2 months later...

2085174451.png

BT engineer told me it would improve over the next two weeks. :sweeeet:

Nice speed there mate, it won't necessarily improve as over the next 10 days or so BT run line stabilisation testing while it works out the fastest stable speed your line can handle. Hopefully you'll get more though.