• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

On 21/10/2020 at 15:54, .AJ. said:

It is hobby grade you know 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I know, I have proof 🤣👍

Edited by Fat Freddy
Deleted pics to make space
  • Haha 2

Full kraton Arms now. One thing annoying me with the body fit is the gap above the bumper. Sat on the shock tops as is, mojave towers and shocks, got kraton towers here but if anything it'll sit higher on them. So anyone clued up on arrma 6s? Typhon towers maybe? And what shocks would ye run? 

_20201024_144431.JPG

_20201024_144458.JPG

_20201024_150652.JPG

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Acidsnow said:

Full kraton Arms now. One thing annoying me with the body fit is the gap above the bumper. Sat on the shock tops as is, mojave towers and shocks, got kraton towers here but if anything it'll sit higher on them. So anyone clued up on arrma 6s? Typhon towers maybe? And what shocks would ye run? 

_20201024_144431.JPG

_20201024_144458.JPG

_20201024_150652.JPG

I haven’t followed the whole story, what was it originally?  Looks like a Kraton chassis, Or is it SWB (Outcast/typhoon)?

The front hinge pin cover looks more like a Mojave or EXB.

Talion towers might sit lower.... alternatively maybe I could make a bumper 😉

i think I have the dims of various shocks in my super duper excel https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hsQBVZHxqyHskx2CS3niMWIqGJePsbG1hEpCDrVZXFM/edit#gid=1986482379

• Thanks 1

Cheers Paul, super handy spreadsheet ye've got going there! Started as a mojave roller for spares, ended up, as you do, as another project. Modded the kraton chassis to clear the Mojave arms at the back then promptly decided on kraton Arms as well, still on the mojave diffs towers and shocks. The bumper lines are spot on for the body it's just sat a bit high, totally forgot about the talion tho, off to research a bit more! 

6 hours ago, Acidsnow said:

Cheers Paul, super handy spreadsheet ye've got going there! Started as a mojave roller for spares, ended up, as you do, as another project. Modded the kraton chassis to clear the Mojave arms at the back then promptly decided on kraton Arms as well, still on the mojave diffs towers and shocks. The bumper lines are spot on for the body it's just sat a bit high, totally forgot about the talion tho, off to research a bit more! 

Diffs are the same as the truggies anyway 👍

Alza racing also do some Typhon “mid” towers which are superb, much lower. I have some spare stock typhon ones I can part ways with if that’s the direction you go in, they’re “as new”. Fitted, never ran.

4 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

I did some recycling today.

I still maintain this is the cheapest way to get the brightest lights if you want them internal, or they could be used in a lightbar or similar, for pennies.

Repurposed an old strip for backlighting your TV, few wires and some measuring, got myself some serious rock lights on the FTX Outback Mini.

lnYTeeW.jpg

FOYgtBq.jpg

Igx4dtP.jpg

I knew it wouldn't be long before you started modding it 😂 Good job! I moved the front lights from the bumper to where proper headlights would be on my V1, super simple to do and very effective

IMG_20200418_223601

5 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

I knew it wouldn't be long before you started modding it 😂 Good job! I moved the front lights from the bumper to where proper headlights would be on my V1, super simple to do and very effective

IMG_20200418_223601

Yep, enjoying tinkering again, it's been a very long time, I suppose I bought this for two reasons, one because a friends got one, albeit the Landy version and two, to see if I really want to build another 10th scale.

In short, I think I do.

• Like 1

Took the kids out with their new (to us) Stampede. I picked this up as part of job and couldn't bring myself to let it go, until today it looked practically new, other than a bodged battery strap and a few rusty screws

IMG_20201025_192434_495

• Like 1

Fitted the new Dumbo Rc TX and RX along with a cheapo 20amp Brushed ESC into the MN99, all fits neatly, just need to fit the rest of the lighting, but will have to wait till next weekend now, works really well, it’s a great Tx.

5CEAC664-A90C-4559-99EA-321169A1633E.jpeg

6F2C338B-FF2F-4DC4-9131-19A863C0C51A.jpeg

A5FD621D-054E-4835-BA9B-B6BA0D9B4530.jpeg

4ACD6DAA-4630-4904-81A1-D49728EF0C14.jpeg

C5370F8C-D75C-4721-9D0D-B1DB4FC46CB8.jpeg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Looks really smart with the leds in it :thumbsup:

Thanks, it does have some as standard, but they come on with the throttle applied, these are the new ones which can now be switched on with a button on the TX. The new rx came with Indicators, brake lights and reversing lights, need to fit these at some point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

Thanks, it does have some as standard, but they come on with the throttle applied, these are the new ones which can now be switched on with a button on the TX. The new rx came with Indicators, brake lights and reversing lights, need to fit these at some point.

That will really look good when you get them installed 🍻

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

Trimmed and painted the Raptor shell. I must say, I think it looks rather good :D

IMG_20201026_110558IMG_20201026_110548IMG_20201026_110613

Duude, she looks mean 🤘

I love the big chunky wheels too, really completes the look 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, James RC said:

Duude, she looks mean 🤘

I love the big chunky wheels too, really completes the look 

Cheers dude, they're erevo wheels. As much as I'm looking forward to running it, I might cry a little the first time it rolls lol