• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Nothing major, but I added a second shelf to me “large scale” shelf/bench. 

I added this space POTENTIALLY for the addition of the new Traxxas Maxx Slash, but Im not too sure now after seeing the UK RRP, regardless I now have more space even if I dont buy the Maxx Slash. 

xftsclp.jpeg

AxdQB9q.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

I added this space POTENTIALLY for the addition of the new Traxxas Maxx Slash, but Im not too sure now after seeing the UK RRP, regardless I now have more space even if I dont buy the Maxx Slash. 

xftsclp.jpeg

AxdQB9q.jpeg

Your going to buy 1 arent you? 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

xftsclp.jpeg

AxdQB9q.jpeg

I need to kick one of my daughters out so I can have my ‘man cave’ back

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

Your going to buy 1 arent you? 🤣

Im not gonna say no, but I honestly hand on heart think Id rather buy myself a rarer/older Tamiya for the shelf, than buy this.  Im not out, but the UK Price at £759 has put me off. 

20 minutes ago, karlo888 said:

I need to kick one of my daughters out so I can have my ‘man cave’ back

Im at the opposite end haha. When my 7 week year old daughter grows a bit More, she will take over and all this will have to go somewhere (we only have a 2 bed house). We have all of her cot/furniture to go in/be built, so dont know where its all going to go haha. These are the other walls

KrLSoWe.jpg

RVldhIN.jpg

Although some have gone since

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Im at the opposite end haha. When my 7 week year old daughter grows a bit More, she will take over and all this will have to go somewhere (we only have a 2 bed house). We have all of her cot/furniture to go in/be built, so dont know where its all going to go haha. These are the other walls

KrLSoWe.jpg

RVldhIN.jpg

Although some have gone since

Omg and I am debating on just keeping 2-3 of my 5. lol.

my oldest will be starting university but my 2nd oldest has jointly claimed that room.

4 daughters so I a long time to wait ☹️☹️😜😜😜

Edited by karlo888
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

What should have been a simply axle replacement ended up, taking front assembly off to check diff, then changed other side hub, seem to somehow be missing a flange pipe for right hub, then changed the servo as not turning fully.

that’s all my spares taken….hope I don’t break it, I am just going to try on road first when weather is better.

then realised that turning can be changed not just by trim but with the steering dual rate…. I am so a noob😂😂😂

Edited by karlo888
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Im not gonna say no, but I honestly hand on heart think Id rather buy myself a rarer/older Tamiya for the shelf, than buy this.  Im not out, but the UK Price at £759 has put me off. 

The other day i seen 1 of them 30 degrees stadium trucks, looks very much like the udr isint that a similar thing to the slash max and probably a lot cheaper?

23 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Give it time, your daughter will need a car, why not make it a nice one 😉 
Worked on the speedrun cars, see other threads but heres a picture of my mate front flipping his now brushless ecx rampage and then the results.

GIF_01-03-2024_10-54-30_PM.gif?ex=65f4d1

20240220_142525.jpg?ex=65f4d0d8&is=65e25

Edited by Redback
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, wolfie1 said:

The other day i seen 1 of them 30 degrees stadium trucks, looks very much like the udr isint that a similar thing to the slash max and probably a lot cheaper?

Not really familiar with the brand mind

So I stayed up well into the early hours this morning to get this finished. Must admit I was very impressed with the MCI Decals

dzg1qGy.jpeg

Ejkp55t.jpeg

zfFuCvS.jpeg

hyQ5kNA.jpeg

Theres some gaps appearing as Ive spaced them a bit better. Theres also something else on the way going next to the Supra 😉

6qQjOrs.jpeg

• Like 3

Took bullet out in garden for a little run, love it.  Somehow feels better driving this around than my savage but only on patio.

maybe a different tune when I start taking them off road, then maybe build a ramp for small jumps,.

hopefully will handle these terrains and small jumps without breaking. 

would you say shock oil between 30wt to 40wt?

Edited by karlo888
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, karlo888 said:

Took bullet out in garden for a little run, love it.  Somehow feels better driving this around than my savage but only on patio.

maybe a different tune when I start taking them off road, then maybe build a ramp for small jumps,.

hopefully will handle these terrains and small jumps without breaking. 

would you say shock oil between 30wt to 40wt?

I loved my Bullet Flux MT, was a great RC IMO

Done some more to my scx10 hard body build. Have been waiting for a few parts. 

Had to use a stock axial scx10 chassis as the carbon chassis had the front end shortened, so there was not enough room to fit a 540 size motor. The small brushless outrunner fits but I'm more than likely use this as a trail truck and drown it and cover it with mud. I don't think the rhino esc isn't waterproof. 

Probably going to use a 550 brushed motor and a 1080. I've drowned that setup loads and it doesn't care.

The injora forward gearbox driveshaft to the transfer box was too short, I contacted them about this, and they said it was because I didn't use an injora chassis. I thought they were a straight copy of the axial chassis. So I had to buy another driveshaft for that. 

IMG_20240305_162416 IMG_20240305_162358

Still need to do a few more bits. I don't like the gap between the body and front bumper, so that's getting sorted one way or another. Side plate thingys might get swapped for some steel rock sliders. And probably a good few scale accessories. 

Edited by steephill
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I bought a Blue Painted R34 Z Tune shell so we played Body/Wheel Merry Go Round

First of all. Correct wheels onto the Repsol Cosworth

HbYtzZL.jpeg

I moved the Evo 7 WRC and Rally Wheels to the TA02 I bought just for the wheels above

ThvPV4u.jpeg

I then put my new Z Tune R34 Body and some 2 Piece Tamiya Wheels on my SRX.

zk7tonU.jpeg

The wheels rub on the TT02SRX, but its a shelfer so not the end of the world

Blue is just so much better than box art!

ebfvJfE.jpeg

I may have a plan for the clear wing......

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 3