• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

14 hours ago, Redback said:

She floats better than some boats!
Fish her out did you get wet feet? Did it drive away, how water hardened is it?

Got a chance to take the trucks out, as the highrocks and outlaw are still on the bench, i drove the trx4 and the lad his outlaw...
Enjoying the trx4 more since SST after being blown away with the lads performance with it, I'm convinced i just need more time with it to enjoy it, had a blast with it today however soured by both difflock servos dying, one my fault for thinking one servo would handle both diffs and to be fair they have lasted 2 years and still running stock steering servo so i must have got lucky with my elecs as i read most die fairly quick.
As usual the lads outlaw came away with no breakages 🤯 still running original bumper 4 years now, metal bash plate since hes had it so must be doing the job.
IMAG1585.thumb.jpg.28893c8e1f9f108d73cee94f140f89f4.jpg

Been an expensive month lots of new servos to buy 😞

Good job she’s a floater it took me a good 10mins to get her out.

She ended up near the middle so I  was soaked up to my chest 😁

Good news is all the electrics are working again, only the esc was waterproof  but just ran a pack through it and so far so good.

Great pic of the Bronco 👍

• Like 3

Took the carnage and Montana out, both out performed an xmaxx and savage 🤠😜 even tho the rear diff is goosed on the carnage it still out accelerated the savage and xmaxx, the Montana had a few little issues but mainly due to the weather change but even that was untouchable once I got tune bang on lol, hopefully Tuesday is nice so I can go back out an beat on the savage and xmaxx 😜😜

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bert_w164 said:

Unfortunately Bonny is being rehomed, it's a massive upgrade from the 7, but I made the mistake of letting @Bert_w164sMrs loose with my freshly built 6S Losi 8ight 4.0 (HD diffs all round, shimmed to losi specs and heavy oils amongst other things) and the verdict was I want a Losi 8ight 4.0 😂

Not a plug for a sale either, her hyper 7 was going to a good mate of ours, but I'm upgrading him for the same price to a 8Pro instead. 

If you guys come across any Hobao pro Hyper, I can highly recommend it, night and day between the 7 and 8. The 8 is far more competent when it comes to handling but carries the waft from 7 so the weight is there to keep it planted, unsurprisingly it's no Losi 8ight 4.0 (but I didn't expect it to be 😂)

The losi 8ights are bloody amazing cars. I'd happy swap my 30dn sdt for one. Miss the 4 I had. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex97 said:

Found some old chains in the shed so made some snow chains up for the mini summit. I've got no idea how effective they'll be.

20210926_171331.jpg

Looks the part regardless!

Sorry for not getting back to you, I did check I dont have a spare Servo horn Im Afraid 😞

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

I'm in two minds about a light bar on the top. It's going to have lights in the bumpers however I'm not sure if a light bar plus other scale items will be too much. 

Personally I’d keep it as is and go with the bumper lights 

47 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Had a run out in the street with this and decided not to see it, yes its the one thats been in the for sale section at a bargain price, i will just have to find some place to run it where it can be fun

MT flux.JPG

Good choice! Abuse it, break it, fix it and enjoy it 👍

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Had a run out in the street with this and decided not to sell it, yes its the one thats been in the for sale section at a bargain price, i will just have to find some place to run it where it can be fun

MT flux.JPG

I find local parks tend to be pretty decent places for my carnage and nitro, I'm sure ul find a decent park or castle that will let u bash it around. I'd jus stay away from loose gravel unless it's got a steel spur gear lol 

Edited by Madmoz7610
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, billyb_imp said:

ZEEE 8000mAh battery and Traxxas / Deans adapters (not for use with this battery)

27E693C1-334E-4CAF-944C-35FE0CBB7649.jpeg

Nice battery, but is this in the wrong thread?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

Nice battery, but is this in the wrong thread?

Now that you mention it and the fact that I’ve now had a proper look at where I’ve posted it “yes” it’s in the wrong thread 🤭

But I am hoping that it’s suitable for going in the Pro4 SC10 that hopefully will arrive tomorrow, so now we know what I’m going to put in the new truck tomorrow. 🤔

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex97 said:

Made a winch, I had a old 9g servo in my draw so after glueing the little switch inside I quickly printed a little barrel and gave it a test. Now I know it works I'll orded a proper one. It's not strong enough to pull it however it's more for show than anything else 

https://youtu.be/OEEOgvIvSEo

Excellent mate, love it.

4 hours ago, Ant.p said:

Fitted a Hobbywing Max6 to the Xmaxx. Very straightforward swap, with no adjustments required to the chassis. Was pretty much a perfect fit, slotting nicely into the original ESC’s position. Only required modification was a small amount of soldering to fit the EC5 plugs. All I need to do now is gear up a little as the tops speed could be better.

I kind of have a spare VXL-8s ESC as a result, but I’m in no desperate rush to part with it. If anyone would like it though, please PM me.

241538B9-2859-4D1A-83B3-8C058D46D244.jpeg

DD6A6135-60F5-43D3-8F73-280E4A3D03FE.jpeg

E7455464-24F0-4B47-94A6-DEAEC97E4547.jpeg

EE9B4D62-EEB9-4DDB-B2E7-CAA2D98C8460.jpeg

I have a Max6 too, but with a 980kv Rocket motor.

• Like 1