• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

20 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

I do love a bit of boredom to bring out your creativity and your chrome pens lol.

130870641-684837165563316-83876118604231

Chrome pens?!?

What is this witchcraft? Why have I never heard of these?

looks great btw 👍

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fat Freddy said:

Chrome pens?!?

What is this witchcraft? Why have I never heard of these?

looks great btw 👍

Exactly what they say on the tin, started out in the graffiti world, Molotow is very very well known in graffiti, they make superb paint.

Here's a pen I use; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Molotow-Marker-Pen-703-Liquid-Chrome-1mm-SAME-DAY-DISPATCH-1ST-CLASS/252776135671?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

£7 for a pen seems a lot, but I have had my 2mm for about 4 or 5 years and it's never dried up and still has plenty of paint left in, just be aware it does take a while to fully dry, 2-3 hours minimum before you want to be touching it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Got my 1/1 tools wet this morning, so I’ve brought them inside to dry out and I’ve given them a Polish with gt85 🤣🤣🤣

E6-D92724-094-D-4502-8479-A0-E068-FB4-B9

Top work! Take care of them and they'll take care of you. Nothing worse than a man with a dirty tool.

(or so the other half says anyway)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, DAL3D said:

Top work! Take care of them and they'll take care of you. Nothing worse than a man with a dirty tool.

Definitely, I’m a plumber by trade so my work tools get filthy, but I try to look after all my other kit 👍 

Received this to work on for a new member here. The initial problem he was having was a simple fix but it needs a little all-over tlc so I'm giving it a total overhaul to restore it to it's former glory. I'll start up a thread and go into more detail once I get permission from him 👍

IMG20201210113227

• Like 2

1 hour ago, .AJ. said:

Don’t worry, I made good on my bad spanner management as soon as I saw it 😂 

Erm there's also a socket out if place😱

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, DAL3D said:

Although it is possible to spend too much time polishing your tool (or so the other half says anyway) 😆

• Haha 2

On 10/12/2020 at 04:44, Jack Reacher said:

Looks good, on my ford i fitted smaller tyres to the Alloy wheels it came with as the stock ones really fouled the arches, bought the chrome elastic but dont trust myself with a dremel to drill the mirrors

Ford wheels (3).JPG

I'm lucky, no fouling with these tyres either.  Drilling the mirrors isn't that difficult.  I put the mirror in a vice and also used a bradle to give me starting point for the drill bit.  If you do slightly misjudge it you can always use super glue to secure the elastic into whatever hole you did manage to make (even if it slips off the side).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, everclear1984 said:

More long overdue maintenance

IMG20201211091526IMG20201211093250IMG20201211095122

Nothing more satisfying than taking apart an RC in need of maintenance. I bought a Summit once that looked like it had been buried, dug up and sold without being cleaned. Sandy soil everywhere, destroyed bearings, rusty screws, bad soldering, rusty links. Amazing!

blake anderson satisfaction GIF by Team Coco

6 minutes ago, monkeyboy_uk said:

Nothing more satisfying than taking apart an RC in need of maintenance. I bought a Summit once that looked like it had been buried, dug up and sold without being cleaned. Sandy soil everywhere, destroyed bearings, rusty screws, bad soldering, rusty links. Amazing!

blake anderson satisfaction GIF by Team Coco

Absolutely! I don't think you'd last long in this hobby if you don't like getting your hands dirty :)

31 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Fastback modded the 1.9 Wraith and added some brightass lightbars :D 

Ooo that looks really really nice mate 👌 Also love the little mini-garage set up, makes the photos look excellent 👍

Edited by James RC