• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Went out for a lunchtime bash in the garden (and exercise the dog) and my Outlaw suddenly went RWD.

So that's what that huge stone was doing in the middle of my outlaw the last time I cleaned it out..

IMG20201124130419.thumb.jpg.547f64da4f433177949e50a0756c8126.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@everclear1984 - I like small 3s packs if you have any you want to move on...

Bit of progress, decided to run the stock plastic SRT horn with the servo and see how it fairs, being motor on axle and not needing super fast transition times, it should work okay, I hope.

They said you can't put a 550 motor into a Capra... They were wrong.

66FILmb.jpg 

19RsZbM.jpg 

BwFEh0f.jpg 

srP0aUJ.jpg 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

@everclear1984 - I like small 3s packs if you have any you want to move on...

Bit of progress, decided to run the stock plastic SRT horn with the servo and see how it fairs, being motor on axle and not needing super fast transition times, it should work okay, I hope.

They said you can't put a 550 motor into a Capra... They were wrong.

66FILmb.jpg 

19RsZbM.jpg 

BwFEh0f.jpg 

srP0aUJ.jpg 

That's coming together nicely 👍

I'm try to match up packs to cars and shoot you a PM with whatever is leftover

Swapped out the Outlaws stock servo for a  low profile TeamPowers stronger one  I got from @mydoddy69 - can tell it's much more direct and will work better over the winters boggy fields and long grass :)

7UMwzYoxX919xFME1CNf6XStQsrI4y3LGueoJlufqtrqMHqSsgr36u_dn5QGZseRwkqWEuSUAvwXhfuy_UuzydBodGs2aDlR17bK-X9gr73tWr7kwRJIXqv2ef91-GMMnldua6X5Nl3jw5RnSrS8grsuiZqMyi1qudFcI3u9Y18jOwcmbo8Vxc6Lfw1VydhU_V7X1pusLXnLs6HDDbqo6_uqAF9ltDjKdRu36gC1RpG64UXmjG5z35CPGSi6qMOFVo54kDdzobDblAdlkCxJzFe1Lv5379BEgKumEtzQu6beEYGj2QyTUOy9sJnqV7-qhSnrnG7nyZG-b0Ubs4vWyo8A8_2_Ev0D5948zXGljpdNiX2zflubCDfLw4weMJUxx_iIRyqflmLfsDaQ0vwJ8T6BHGSmD7FJvvzutT2EXffDjGoGOiaQc46lPFwbnE8f5x0_F3My-Mslj77UKFeCPlF2e9RzzWrrlZP72rbZCgYhpJdHihaU7HPXAyyA5r6Vrgpng4XaPPiO8UgAzCVSQKVVRtCGjZFLs8DBYmgTODRlBBWJjBctXiUzCNabT8tP6U9xlSS-tP4_-32Vkt_BXtjgHv8DjyaWpLD0xIZxyKkbIY99s72jiBIxPwVtt7FTdqirY4Ixpix9lHa2n9EbNXjh7aJa8zFrzIQf8M5rOfwvgR6tVgKd-ddt_TsB0Q=w764-h924-no?authuser=0

The std one that came with the Outlaw is now in the Vandal as it's thinner wheels shouldn't need as much oomph to turn them. 👌

Just now, Jack Reacher said:

The new tyres arrived for Henry T Ford, fitted them to the Alloys and tweaked the spring height, lets see if they rub in the wheel arches

Ford wheels (1).JPG

Ford wheels (2).JPG

Ford wheels (3).JPGLooks smart👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Reacher said:

The new tyres arrived for Henry T Ford, fitted them to the Alloys and tweaked the spring height, lets see if they rub in the wheel arches

Ford wheels (1).JPG

Ford wheels (2).JPG

Ford wheels (3).JPG

Always a chuffin problem with Carisma, had to change the hex`s for thinner ones, now the front wheels bind, dont know why i waste my time, will look at it tomorrow, i put 6mm hex in i think i may have some 7mm ones in the parts

4 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Always a chuffin problem with Carisma, had to change the hex`s for thinner ones, now the front wheels bind, dont know why i waste my time, will look at it tomorrow, i put 6mm hex in i think i may have some 7mm ones in the parts

Did the wheels bind with the stock hex's? If not then it sounds like a problem with the hex's you're using rather than the car itself.

1 minute ago, everclear1984 said:

Did the wheels bind with the stock hex's? If not then it sounds like a problem with the hex's you're using rather than the car itself.

correct its the hex`s, here is the issue, carisma supply a set of Alloy wheels free what they dont tell you is you need to change the hex`s as the wheel nuts wont stay on, not enough thread for the Nylock and its getting the right ones, i fitted 6mm hex`s rather than the 10 or 12mm stock ones but seems i need 7mm 

48 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

correct its the hex`s, here is the issue, carisma supply a set of Alloy wheels free what they dont tell you is you need to change the hex`s as the wheel nuts wont stay on, not enough thread for the Nylock and its getting the right ones, i fitted 6mm hex`s rather than the 10 or 12mm stock ones but seems i need 7mm 

What are the original wheel nuts like? Could you swap them for a low profile lock nut instead of changing the hex?

Just an example, but something like this

https://www.westfieldfasteners.co.uk/UNC-Nuts/Nyloc-Nut-Thin-UNCoarse-5-40-BZP.html?google_shopping=qty_BZP_Nut_HexNyThin_UNCoarse5-40=8&gclid=CjwKCAiAnvj9BRA4EiwAuUMDf2-IWFfKUgQ9zT_QcGV0o8ibaUOxEFaQeUV1LPI00lN480zk1UvosBoC8VsQAvD_BwE

Edited by everclear1984
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

What are the original wheel nuts like? Could you swap them for a low profile lock nut instead of changing the hex?

Just an example, but something like this

https://www.westfieldfasteners.co.uk/UNC-Nuts/Nyloc-Nut-Thin-UNCoarse-5-40-BZP.html?google_shopping=qty_BZP_Nut_HexNyThin_UNCoarse5-40=8&gclid=CjwKCAiAnvj9BRA4EiwAuUMDf2-IWFfKUgQ9zT_QcGV0o8ibaUOxEFaQeUV1LPI00lN480zk1UvosBoC8VsQAvD_BwE

will keep that in mind but pretty sure i have the right size hex`s in the spares, will have a look at it after work

• Like 1