• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

I printed a new low CG battery tray for my TRX-4. Printed in PETG and fitted right in there. I used this tray https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2848242 as it was in two parts and easier to print in PETG. Thanks to ChippyO on Thingiverse for making this available.

loCGTray-sml.jpg

Will probably print another one for my other TRX-4......

Edited by CarlC
  • Like 1

Fitted new diff bearings in the Savage so it's finally running 4wd for the first time since purchasing it! Fitted a Savox 18kg servo for braking duty and adjusted the brakes so they actually work (what a novelty). Finally, fitted my own radio gear. She's ready to bash!! 

Oh and I'm currently trimming a body shell. Busy, busy :)

Add brass portal covers to the front axle on my new TRX-4 Sport kit build, hoping that adding the extra weight up front will mean it climbs a little better. Also added a 3s shorty lipo up front, again to get the most weight over the front axle. Hope I have understood the things I have read and this will help with overall crawling performance.

Grc battery relocation kitbis a good upgrade for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wirralnitronoob said:

Grc battery relocation kitbis a good upgrade for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up, luckily the TRX-4 front fenders include a battery tray just in front of the axle.