• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

4 hours ago, Tug said:

Fitted Trenchers to the Senton, testing ahoy!

They're good, had a good blast with them. CD is too loose, definitely need to up the weight from 100k to 200 or 300k.

Gave the Big Rock a good spanking, took a few hits from various tumbles and cartwheels. Took it all in her stride. 

She's currently wearing Shockwaves as the stock Ragnarock boots are rubbish, I can't stand this fad for overly tall tyres, just no!

Ran a couple of tanks through the 5ive b today, awesome machine has to be the only 5th scale iv ever owned that changes direction and handles like an 8th scale buggy. 

Now just to find a way of keeping it cool under the body shell...

46785779504_813e9e8e68_b.jpg

47509510681_6b790014ee_b.jpg

• Thanks 1

Had some free time as my wife is off. So got the lrp sorted. Charged up a couple of racing batteries.  Went out and had a blast.  Only problem is lost a bolt from the knuckles.  Fixed that carried on.  Great fun. Nothing went wrong or fell off or got broken.  Worked perfectly.  Got a good amount of drive time per battery pack.  Then after tea I finished off building the second lrp up. Just needs wires soldered on.  And both are good to go again. 

Ordered some lights for them. Sort that when they arrive. 

Fixed the Big Rock, turns out I'd snapped a screw-pin, never done that before. The Arrma pins are stupid money, six quid a pair plus postage! I used a Traxxas item instead, a bit shorter, but it's doing the job. 

Took the bad bug & outlaw out with little un .  The spur gear in the bad bug stripped within 20 ft. Freshly meshed a couple of days ago. But I think the 80a ESC is a bit much. We had a good run with the outlaw until it sheared a pin in the modded summit driveshaft. My fault for landing it on full throttle while stopping a nosedive. I'm swapping the electrics out of the bad bug into a turnigy 16th buggy for little un. Had to knock up a steering linkage because the original ones disappeared ?

Filed down some alloy servo horns to use to mount mud gaurd lips to hide the chassis to body gap exposing the elecs. I think it might work out.