• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Having decided to go ahead with the idea of building an "Aggroshart" as a twin to the one my mate is building, I had a look through my bits box to see what I could use in the build. Turns out I have a few useful bits already, so I ordered a few more from Tamico, including the DT-03T kit itself and some rather tasty-looking red chrome wheels that ought to set my model apart visually from the yellow-wheeled one my mate has planned.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, XV Pilot said:

Having decided to go ahead with the idea of building an "Aggroshart" as a twin to the one my mate is building, I had a look through my bits box to see what I could use in the build. Turns out I have a few useful bits already, so I ordered a few more from Tamico, including the DT-03T kit itself and some rather tasty-looking red chrome wheels that ought to set my model apart visually from the yellow-wheeled one my mate has planned.

Whats Tamicos delivery times like on kits?

Just now, Guns said:

Whats Tamicos delivery times like on kits?

Usually around 4 days or so.

Went to my local spot to tune my DBXL and maiden run the Truggy.... as i got there firefighters were there, looked like there was an arson attack on the monkey frame thing. This obviously must have looked terrible when i rocked up with a DBXL and a jerry can haha. Oh well. Ran about 3/4s of tank through, got it leaned out and tuned properly. Runs well but I could do with more speed, which is gonna be expensive :( i need to accept it wont match my electric performers...

AA22BFA4-4057-44E9-9FF5-4DBE806BA4EE_zps

then I took the Truggy out. Initally didnt know what to expect, id not heard good things, and first impressions werent great. However, a 2100kv motor, 18t motor and a 4s lipo and WOW. Im very impressed! Handles well, speeds about right (may try 6s) and its tough. Took some hard hits on the BMX track. My only issue is the tyres, ive had to glue then and i suck at that. I need to find some pre glued cheapish wheel/tyres. Nearly £90 for prolines is a bit of a tough pill to swallow... although I expected to be buying a new truggy or a Vorza next weekend. Wont need to now :) only reason I dtopped was the ESC came loose.  Need to zip tie it

8E01FD8F-150D-44F5-A683-F9C0AC10D058_zps

E2D10D65-E616-4214-B129-A347DA5DF7D2_zps

Very interesting! Thanks for that! do they come glued?

Also found these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Panther-gator-1-8-off-road-Truggy-wheel-tyre-set-super-soft-New-17mm-Hex-/352033480167?hash=item51f6d49de7:g:57UAAOSw-CpX~iLV

Just don't know if il regret NOT getting Badlands...

Edited by Guns

12 minutes ago, Guns said:

do they come glued?

Yes, with glue in right place, not all over wheels/tyres and havent come unstuk yet. Contact BSP and see if they will get anymore. They have deeper tread than the ones you listed.

@StrokerBoy that is stunning. 

Today ive removed the 60a hobbywing ESC from the mini 8ight and put the stock one back in, I thought it was goosed but seems to be OK! Must of been the standard motor that was knackered. 

Was going to put the 60a in the LC truggy but I'm contemplating selling it can't stop looking at the Cross rc scalers so may be offloading a few more to make way for one :lol:

• Like 1

Put one on the box that the new one is in. Moved one from the kitchen to the living room in prep for it to go upstairs and put a pack on charge in prep for a possible bash tomorrow.

Had a nightmare with the liquid mask :boredlook: The brush on stuff is just utter pants!

So my shell ended up being an absolute hash job but it didn't turn out that bad.

Converted the EMB truggy into a long wheel base buggy as well as fitting the hobbywing esc.

Had to remove the front truggy bodyposts which came in useful as with the phat bodies shell there is no way to secure at the rear with the one post.

So used the two spare posts, fitted them into the side skirts and secured the shell that way. Also fitted the obligatory gurt wing :lol:

I like it, Just need some proper buggy wheels now it's rolling on the mini 8ight wheels at the mo.

emb1.jpg

emb2.jpg

emb3.jpg

emb4.jpg

emb5.jpg

emb7.jpg

emb6.jpg

Found a battery not used from yesterday's bash, into the Helion sc, chucked in the back of the car, quick bash at work tonight.  :D.

Did this yesterday but I glued up the crack on my Lunchbox using an unopened tube of Beatties cement I found at the weekend while sorting through my AMT Ertl kits. Glue is like new and has done its job on the body shell. Not bad for a tube of glue that's got to be at least 15 years old :D

WP_20170504_19_04_47_Pro_zpssyzht81k.jpg

• Like 1