• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Had a good run on the Pirate 10 frankenstein last night, as luck had it i had some drive shafts & cups which here the correct lengh/size to fit between the hyper center diff and the oem pirate 10 rt front/rear diffs.

Had to mill out one ends drive cup as the hpi shaft was just slightly to fat, ended up just a slight slim so shouldnt weaken it to much.

Modded and repositioned the steering servo frame work as the hyper center diff is longer than the original.

Fitted a battery box.

Fitted a 19t pinion, which is now paired with the standard hyper 46t steel spur. So will need a test to see if thats workable

Fitted 2 alu tubes between front & rear suspension towers.

Moved Rx to sit on front steering alu framework.

Fitted the hw sct pro 120a esc to the top plate of the hyper center diff.

Gave it a little run up the street, but it was getting late so wrapped it up for the night.

Just need to sort a body and probably some reinforcement to the alu pipes which now run front to back of the vehicle

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, stretch said:

Why not use a simple lipo alarm which is much smaller and less risk of getting damaged/caught up?

Cheaper too I'll wager.

Dont know, first one ive come across, and it was only 9 quid from a local shop. It'll be attached to the battery strap of the SST so ive no worries about it coming off. Although ive thought about mounting it on the top deck so it's viewable from the rear window.

3 minutes ago, bieomax said:

Dont know, first one ive come across, and it was only 9 quid from a local shop. It'll be attached to the battery strap of the SST so ive no worries about it coming off. Although ive thought about mounting it on the top deck so it's viewable from the rear window.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-8S-Lipo-Li-ion-Fe-Battery-Voltage-2IN1-Tester-Low-Voltage-Buzzer-Alarm-ZY-/131983190359?hash=item1ebacfa957:g:GEIAAOSwo4pYEJip

• Like 1

I like the chassis braces, has it got lower ones also??

Not as of yet, i added these as i removed the front to centre dif alu top deck and the lower centre dif to rear plastic stay.

Im going print a centre clamp for the bars to add strengh between them and then a support bar down from the clamp to either the centre dif structure or chassis depending on space.

The alu tube is just from b&q (around 8-10mm outside diameter) and a m4 tap down each end. I then changed the damper mounts over to a m4x30 allen head and ran them through the towers into the braces.

Should i look at a lower brace from the difs to chassis too?

Had a test run on Temple newsam running track with the Pirate 10 running the hw 4068 2250kv on 2s with 19/46 gearing motor got barely warm i think

Much better top end lots of grins now [emoji16] , i also turned the drrs punch down low until i figure out what i need. Would more punch make it wheelie?

Next step is to put a proper lid on it and sort out some steering slop i think.

I

Took the kyosho axxe to the park with our 4 year old.  Poor little sod slipped on a manhole cover & stuck gimself in the nose with the "antenna" nub. Thank god it aint an old style one. Once the bleeding stopped we found a good spot, then some twonks came & stood there. So we went & jumped it down the steps. He managed somehow to jump it up some steps too :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bieomax said:

Had a test run on Temple newsam running track with the Pirate 10 running the hw 4068 2250kv on 2s with 19/46 gearing motor got barely warm i think

Much better top end lots of grins now emoji16.png , i also turned the drrs punch down low until i figure out what i need. Would more punch make it wheelie?

Next step is to put a proper lid on it and sort out some steering slop i think.

I

Punch control sets the amount of 'oomph' the car has under acceleration. In laymans terms, yes it will wheelie more but will also wear down drivetrain parts like cups and dogbone pins quicker. As always, More Fun = More downtime... 

EDIT

as this is a frankenstein car id up it slowly stage by stage until you find a sweet spot that wont (quite) kill the drivetrain

Edited by cookie666uk
  • Like 2

Walkied in the garage,
tried to figure out where to put them,
realized I have that much stuff,
I've no space to put the Osaki mill, 
Walkied back out.
:censored::doh::rolleyes::banghead::death:

Got to re-do the whole place again
:lame::crybaby:

You could store it in my garage, it'll sit nicely beside the Portass Dreadnought [emoji1]

Fitted tightened some steering components.

Fitted some body posts

And fitted a cheap carnage lid to it so i can properly test without filling it with mud.

It actually ressembles a vehicle now [emoji1]

I've got 2 5200mah 2s lipos charged up and ready for a run out. Will have to see what temps are like now with a lid on her.

• Like 1

A bit more to my Lunchbox build. Fastrax oil filled shocks, including the 5th shock mod, Sport tuned motor, front shock brace, foam inserts and alloy body mounts

WP_20161223_15_29_02_Pro_LI_zpsxr63msg7.

WP_20161223_15_25_15_Pro_LI_zpssbdrskuz.

Hopefully get the shell painted over Christmas, I'm going for a box art finish

I put 75mm on the front, 85mm on the rear and 55mm for the 5th shock.

I had a quick blast in the frontroom with it (because its was chucking in down outside) and it wheelies like mad on a nimh battery, so I cant wait to put a 2S lipo in it

Edited by stonedef