• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Sorted all my pinions into pitch groups. 

Fitted the new hub carriers to BLBB (with the old bearings in place of the new brass bushings) and tweaked the front and rear geometry. Just a case of giving Century UK a call in the morning and requesting the correct length dogbones (not the correct part number!).

3 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Looked at it.....

20160503_115314-1_zpsxgcjzycb.jpg

And thought to myself, that I should have got one of these ages ago, it's bloody awesome :yahoo:

Now its time to go and get it dirty. :D

• Like 1

Bit more progress on the emb build to begin with then finished servicing the alphastar 2350kv - hybrid ceramic bearings fitted and front end bell tapped out to M3 as the M2's we're starting to thread.

10 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

Bit more progress on the emb build to begin with then finished servicing the alphastar 2350kv - hybrid ceramic bearings fitted and front end bell tapped out to M3 as the M2's we're starting to thread.

I'm glad you managed to save the Alphastar.

30 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

I'm glad you managed to save the Alphastar.

:thumbsup:

Saved me messaging you to let you know!  Magnets feel really strong in it still, there's no way the end bell is coming off again, though will rag it about and try!

With the Hot Racing bits I collected from work - arrived whilst away - finished off the shocks, and built up the diffs last night.

50k diff oil F / R - just guessing based on others and the Beast I'll be putting in.

42.5 wt Associated shock oil - again a guess. Some say standard 30 wt is too soft, others 50 wt replacement a bit stiff.

Chassis not built up, so don't know if it needs the black, blue or red HR springs - red is the 'in-between'.

St.%20Helens-20160504-00605_zpsmeuout39.

St.%20Helens-20160504-00606_zpsmhobwmdq.

St.%20Helens-20160504-00610_zpsdhfbdfey.

Al.

With the Hot Racing bits I collected from work - arrived whilst away - finished off the shocks, and built up the diffs last night.

50k diff oil F / R - just guessing based on others and the Beast I'll be putting in.

42.5 wt Associated shock oil - again a guess. Some say standard 30 wt is too soft, others 50 wt replacement a bit stiff.

Chassis not built up, so don't know if it needs the black, blue or red HR springs - red is the 'in-between'.

St.%20Helens-20160504-00605_zpsmeuout39.jpg

St.%20Helens-20160504-00606_zpsmhobwmdq.jpg

St.%20Helens-20160504-00610_zpsdhfbdfey.jpg

Al.

They are some very nice looking parts!

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Neo

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TMaxxDave said:

They are some very nice looking parts!

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Neo

Thing is, there are still stories of the 'hardened' parts failing as easily as the standard.

My thoughts were simply that the diffs can flex with load transfer, so the stiffer the diff case, the better.

Ceramic bearings as well - possibly not ideal, but I don't intend on bashing hard once it is built, just occasional running.

Al.

• Like 1

Painted the "custom" body on the ftx viper satin black. Couldnt get any matt black :ack:. Looks good though :). Also managed to break off the" custom " bit that holds the chassis to the roll cage atthe back :boredlook: . Oh well. Fettled the chassis to fit 2 5000 mah 2s lipos in. I think I'll give up on that idea & buy a 4s lipo. The battery tray is 140 x50x50 mm. Ta in advance :)

Swapped the pinny on the Carnage from 19t to 20t. Was giving it a general once over and noticed that the front drive cup was looking borked so popped the cup and propshaft out to find that the pin in the front of the shaft had shifted to one side. I'm one unhappy Wookie right now.