• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Ran the buggy for the first time, after going up 4 teeth on the pinion the motor was only warm. I reckon that I could go up a few more teeth without causing any problems. The running was cut early due to the front hex falling off, all I need to do is replace the pin but I might make one at work or see if we have a any scrap material that's suitable.

55 minutes ago, alex97 said:

Ran the buggy for the first time, after going up 4 teeth on the pinion the motor was only warm. I reckon that I could go up a few more teeth without causing any problems. The running was cut early due to the front hex falling off, all I need to do is replace the pin but I might make one at work or see if we have a any scrap material that's suitable.

Masonry nails and drill bit shafts are good for that. 

46 minutes ago, Tug said:

Masonry nails and drill bit shafts are good for that. 

We should have some sliver steel that would do the job. I've measured the others as 2.5 x 11.7mm. Ms sell them for a few quid but I'd like to make them out of a stronger material, I'll most likely make some other parts when I get a chance.  

14 minutes ago, alex97 said:

We should have some sliver steel that would do the job. I've measured the others as 2.5 x 11.7mm. Ms sell them for a few quid but I'd like to make them out of a stronger material, I'll most likely make some other parts when I get a chance.  

Sounds fine. I've used masonry nails that're exactly 2.5mm, strong as an ox too. Just used bolt croppers to get the desired length. 

had a look at the blitz after a run was cut short last week.

result

puffy floureon lipo and now motor or esc wont run. 

im gonna wait for my max8 to turn up and test the motor on that before making any decisions on whats gone wrong, 

even more lipos to add to the list for next month now.....

on a lighter note, the hyper winter project is now nearing completion with a max8 2200kv combo on route from MS WP_20160305_15_09_10_Pro.thumb.jpg.f2e11

this is how she stands atm. 

• Like 1

had a look at the blitz after a run was cut short last week.

result

puffy floureon lipo and now motor or esc wont run. 

im gonna wait for my max8 to turn up and test the motor on that before making any decisions on whats gone wrong, 

even more lipos to add to the list for next month now.....

on a lighter note, the hyper winter project is now nearing completion with a max8 2200kv combo on route from MS WP_20160305_15_09_10_Pro.thumb.jpg.f2e11885979f4c8577c9caee71b2f038.jpg

this is how she stands atm. 

nicee i like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, cookie666uk said:

its a pity how pink the shell came out. may spray another just to be sure...

I like it, it's kinda like those Rhubarb and Custard sweets.

• Like 1

Spent the day out with the wife and daughter bashing the cheapest models in the fleet. Nb16, condor and ftx carnage. Burnt through a gallon of fuel between us and not one breakage :good:

Broke it again :( this time the rotor on the motor, not good... Will see what Tekin service is like as it is under the 120 day warranty. Was running fine before.

22 minutes ago, neil.b said:

I got it on Friday, built it yesterday(until 2am :-/) and raced it today. :D

20160306_091602.jpg

Nice, how'd you do?

I ran my buggy for the first time and lost the pin that holds the hexs on, resulting in loosing a wheel. Hopefully a few drops of loctite should help. If it doesn't I might have have to turn a groove into it and use a oring to keep thr pin in place.

Rebuild and filled 4 of the 5ive shocks today and put the hubs back together. 

Tomorrow rebuild and fill one of the diff as I've got the rest of the seals on backorder.

Fitted fender guards to my Proline Apocalypse shell, should prolong its life a bit. 

Note, the screws provided were short with small heads. They pulled through very easily. I've used my own stainless button head screws, these are slightly thicker at 3mm, but the larger head will stop them pulling through. 

It looks da bom! 

On 05/03/2016 at 16:26, Tug said:

Sounds fine. I've used masonry nails that're exactly 2.5mm, strong as an ox too. Just used bolt croppers to get the desired length. 

We had no sliver steel that would fit and I didn't have time to turn it down to size. I did find two tungsten drill bits that had broken just need to cut them down to size.