• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Turned down the expo on the Baja flux brakes, the grabbyness is reduced, but still there, just not as bad.

Then inspected the spur for damage, it's showing signs of uneven wear! Any ideas?

That's very normal for Hostile spurs, in essence, they're actually pretty crap.

I only buy them because they're the only plastic spur on the market that comes in different sizes.

I do wish someone else would release some, I've broken quite a few down to them just being generally crap.

Had countless ones arrive bent and warped as well, still in sealed packet.

Terrible QC.

• Like 1

Turned down the expo on the Baja flux brakes, the grabbyness is reduced, but still there, just not as bad.

Then inspected the spur for damage, it's showing signs of uneven wear! Any ideas?

Think I've cracked it, the purple spacer behind the spur could be worn, I've shimmed it and now I can clamp the spur properly. The wobble on the spur was quite pronounced, all gone now. The rubber bushings will be replaced in due course.

Well what do you know... This little sod must have heard me taking badly about Hostile spurs and it's lived up to it's reputation!

That's 3 Hostile spurs in as many runs, never had this issue with stock ones, but sadly they don't make different gearing options :(

Come on RPM or Silverback! Make a decent quality spur please :(

IMG_4620_zpseds5ehok.jpg

Made the SCT rear drive by stealing a front dog bone. It's now like driving a 427 Cobra on ice! New dog bone soon to be ordered.

Well what do you know... This little sod must have heard me taking badly about Hostile spurs and it's lived up to it's reputation!

That's 3 Hostile spurs in as many runs, never had this issue with stock ones, but sadly they don't make different gearing options :(

Come on RPM or Silverback! Make a decent quality spur please :(

Ive never had trouble with hostile spurs, are you changing the pinion as well as the spur?

What are IRC ones like?

Ive never had trouble with hostile spurs, are you changing the pinion as well as the spur?

What are IRC ones like?

IRC what?...

And of course lol, I know they need to equal 74 and I usually buy gears in sets, unless I already have a good condition counter part :)

And you've been very lucky to get away wth never stripping one.

Never had issues with stock ones, so might have to just lose the top end and go for stock gearing :/

Just realised you mean IRC spurs... I've not tried one to be honest, I've never been able to find IRC pinions :/ and waiting for a reply from Rob, is like rubbing a lamp and waiting for a genie to pop out.

Edited by Oh How Original

......or fit the PCSC instead? Limits the spur to 57t but you'll not strip one, fo sho!

Bargain now at a mere 80 quid! Think on, el Beasto runs one, despite HPI assurances they're not suited ;)

Of course landing off throttle does wonders for spur longevity......but you know that already ;)

......or fit the PCSC instead? Limits the spur to 57t but you'll not strip one, fo sho!

Bargain now at a mere 80 quid! Think on, el Beasto runs one, despite HPI assurances they're not suited ;)

Of course landing off throttle does wonders for spur longevity......but you know that already ;)

there is a mod so plastic spurs can be used so not just limited to 57t if anyones interested..lol

Took the hyper for a stroll in the woods.performed to the best of its abilities.now want a crawler type rc :(

• Like 1