• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Swapped the diffs round in my 16th SCT, the rear one went to the front as it was better than the rear and I locked the new rear one up. It now moves!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

All 3 cars have been prepared for a 2 hour bash, batteries charged (15 of them) 4 each for the 2 brushless and 7 nicads for my Daughters FTX Siege as that seems to go through batteries I suppose I should change it to Brushless too soon

Does the esc not support lipo on the seige then? Why not use a cheap alarm?

Can't find anything one there to say it does so I'm not risking it yet

Any esc that can run 6 cell nimh can run 2s lipos safely, just use a LVC buzzer like Stretch said

But the guy says he's running Nicads  :tease:

Any esc that can run 6 cell nimh can run 2s lipos safely, just use a LVC buzzer like Stretch said

I've been hesitant as I thought that and tried on my boy's car and within 15 mins it burnt the ESC out :whistling: unless I was just unlucky with that one

Just finished building my first ever Tamiya kit :)

Too cold and wet to spray the shell, but it's a runner. For the proper 'old school' effect I built it up with the silver can and the stock ESC. With a NiMh battery too.

Next job is to convert the telly to black and white, move the toilet outside and open a fresh can of Watneys Red Barrel to celebrate.......

Welcome to the Old Skool, any sepia prints of the model for our perusing pleasure?

Jang tried that in one of his last vids, it clearly stated "not lipo compatible", but he tried anyway and it smoked. Can't remember which car it was.

I tried a liPo in my TC3 with my old MRT (no motor limit) brushed speedo. It worked but the radio noise with the 27mhz Tx/rx was terrible.

Brushed is generally less efficient than brushless, that's why it's going through nimh's Saabster.

Edited by optimus

I do like a buggy on big wheels  :thumbsup:

Trident XT-12 ESCs are supposedly LiPo friendly but I've smoked 2. Avoiding them now.