• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Stripped the diff out of the 5B, gave the back end a vac out and wipe down with GT40, stripped the box and diff apart, emptied the foul black muck out, stuck fresh 10k oil in, replaced the gasket and reassembled. Regreased the transmission, stuck in one new bearing and put everything back together again. Bash tomorrow  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Took the Slash 4x4 out after fitting aluminum shock caps so I can jump without them popping off. Happy to report they work. :)

Also remembered to charge GoPro so could capture the action. 

Took the baby Firestorm out for a thrash, and it was good...after yesterdays maiden voyage on the Anderson M5.

until I barrel-rolled it....

Only just swapped over to 3S, and hadn't mentally adjusted :)

Popped all 4 front tie rods, snapped a front shock shaft, stripped a rear turnbuckle and launched a driveshaft into oblivion. You know it's all over when it lands and no 2 wheels point in the same direction.

It's so nice to have decent weather to break RCs in again! Also a real shame none of my LiPos will fit the Anderson. All too long.

Put some cooling holes in the body not sure how much difference it will make probably none lol. 

20140309_151512_zps1207657d.jpg

Also fitted and meshed new motor, Its wee bit bigger than the old one, and that gave me 43mph on 4s. Just go to get female pugs to wire it in now.

20140308_120215_zps02922c30.jpg

Gave the slash some good abuse this weekend chasing my boy on his bike around the country park and then some big air on the skate park. Big bore shocks have transformed the handling massively, well happy!

Took Carnage and Baby Badger bashing. Think I've found Carnage's perfect bash site. Old mineworks, lots of rocks and shale etc. Once I decided to give up on trying to get the 17t pinion to stay tight and whap the 15t on he was charging about like a Brushless model. Ok, on 2s he's possibly a bit too mental on 15t but then what am I saying? Too mental? Nah. Just right. But I will be tapping RW up for a new 17t in the near future, if only to keep motor temps down. 

Talking of motor temps, I've lowered the timing on the BB as the can was getting warm today. I will have to get a temp gun soon. Eventually I'll be putting this can in Carnage and fitting BB with a 9t can.  

Took Carnage and Baby Badger bashing. Think I've found Carnage's perfect bash site. Old mineworks, lots of rocks and shale etc. Once I decided to give up on trying to get the 17t pinion to stay tight and whap the 15t on he was charging about like a Brushless model. Ok, on 2s he's possibly a bit too mental on 15t but then what am I saying? Too mental? Nah. Just right. But I will be tapping RW up for a new 17t in the near future, if only to keep motor temps down.

Talking of motor temps, I've lowered the timing on the BB as the can was getting warm today. I will have to get a temp gun soon. Eventually I'll be putting this can in Carnage and fitting BB with a 9t can.

do u not have problems with bits of stones etc getting stuck in the spur ?