• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Ew don't envy you having to scrape off dog eggs from your car.

I've had the BBQ sauce though, kept on running it on a hot sunny day without realising it was baking itself onto the inside of my shell :D took some scrubbing.

Gave the firestorm another quick thrash on 3s round a car park.

Hit an empty coke can at full speed and flipped quite badly and all i heard was the distictive noise of a dog bone bouncing away and down a drain.

ARSE!!!!

Might have a look and see if mt2 dog bones fit tomorrow as i've got one in the loft somewhere.

Edited by Pistonhead

Took Mental MERV out for a quick test drive.

It's a VXL originally, but unsurprisingly is heavily modified.....

It's converted into a MERV Digger.

I've fitted a Mamba Max Monster (3M) ESC and finally fitted it with a CC 1410 3800 kV 5 mm shaft motor.

Gearing is 55 Spur / 38 Pinion and nothing remotely gets warm - AMAZING!!

IT'S BALLISTIC!!!

Al.

• Like 1

Baja 5B SS

Replaced head gasket

Replaced all intake gaskets

Replaced carb diaphragm

Fixed gear mesh

Installed carson reflex

Replaced piston ring

Adjusted coil gap

Installed new spark plug

Installed newest KM dom clone (they have changed a bit)

New radio stopped working

Time to get a spekky

Edited by razzo161

Got one of my truggies sorted. Couldn't figure out why I couldn't get the mesh right on the Losi. Turned out I hadn't pushed the pinion on to the motor shaft fully so it wasn't sitting properly against the spur  :imstupid: . 

Popped the motor out and pushed the pinion on fully, turned the spur round and hey presto: Perfect mesh  :topbanana: .

Carnage remains a mystery though. Last time it had the ESC/motor/pinion combo in it was bats**t crazy. This time it's just downright lazy  :confused:

Me and my boy managed to break both of mine today running them into each other. I blamed him, he blamed me. :D

Friendly fire lol

Sprayed another shell. Pulled the protective cover off before drilling holes though. idiot.

Posted Image

Schoolboy error that we've all made at some point last time I did it I got some old kids felt tips and chopped the tipped end off about a inch long, sat them on the body posts and that got the job done..

Took Mental MERV out for a quick test drive.

It's a VXL originally, but unsurprisingly is heavily modified.....

It's converted into a MERV Digger.

I've fitted a Mamba Max Monster (3M) ESC and finally fitted it with a CC 1410 3800 kV 5 mm shaft motor.

Gearing is 55 Spur / 38 Pinion and nothing remotely gets warm - AMAZING!!

IT'S BALLISTIC!!!

Vid is a must !

Al.

Went to the cupboard to find the shelf had come down and the cars was on the floor stupid council cant even put a shelf up so went for a walk to see if they've got the Bajas out today knew I shouldn't trust a shelf left up by council

Dreading going back to find what damage has been done :'(

Wow rich that looks stunning great job

Cheers! Bought some liquid mask so had to give it a go. Bit of a ball ache to use but fairly pleased with the outcome! Not surprisingly, I've screwed up one of the holes but it's not massively noticeable. Will put a pic up once it's finished